Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WOYWW #402 & Christmas Card Throwdown #3


Part of my messy desk this week is the aftermath of making my card for the Christmas Throwdown Challenge - with a head cold. Bob was kind enough to share. Front left corner is a pile of designer series paper I need to identify and some self-inflating Valentine's I want to put into the mail. The paper keeper in the center is full of the Cherry Cobbler cardstock scrap used for the card you can just see next to it... and the close up below.



As you can see, the challenge this week was to showcase 'drinks' on our Christmas card. Here's the one I came up with.


Cherry Cobbler card and mat bases
Cable Knit embossing folder from SU
EB folder used on Pink Pirouette card stock.
The cup is from Echo Park die set - Tea Time
Image stamped on the cup is SU Oh What Fun
Curly Label Punch
Cherry Cobbler Enamel Dots
Eye lash yarn
I don't know the company for the stamp image. I got it in an image swap several years ago.

I hope you'll join us over at Christmas Card Throwdown. This is a great challenge to start knocking your cards out early. 

Also, I have started a color challenge here. The Color Challenge is posted the third Monday of each month. Feel free to grab the button from my sidebar and place on your blog. 

Grab this Button for your Site

Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  That's my desk? What's on yours? When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground where Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, great idea to be making Christmas Cards all year- takes away all the stress. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, Kelly, I will be Case ing that card! I love the colors and I love that cable knit EF. I have it. Hooe you get to feeling better, quickly! #44

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is starting really early! Great job with the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a knitter I have embossing folder envy - I'll have to look for that one! Your card has such a cosy feel. I love the very Christmassy dark red mixed with the less traditional pink - beautiful. Thank you for joining in with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown, I hope we do help you get your Christmas cards made nice and early. Lucinda (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the colour challenge looks fun, had to search for your first one. Will you be posting a sketch each month too? Can I join in too? Although I think I'll need reminding somehow....Love the embossing folder you used for your Christmas challenge card. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep wanting to join your Christmas Card challenge, already 1 1/2 months behind, but keep forgetting! I will look into your color challenge though!Thanks for sharing! Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours work beautifully and I love the embossing folder too. The yarn gives a it more lovely texture and froth.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very nice Christmas card Kelly .
    Happy woyww Jill #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy WOYWW. I used to make Christmas cards all year round, but now I seem to have the gone the other way and not making cards at all ! I am buying cards in shops, which I haven't done for years. I just want to do mixed media, painting etc. Funny how we go in stages with our crafting. Ali x #26

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card and sentiment.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the textured pattern on your card. Don't think I've seen that cable embossing folder before and it's lovely. Have a great weekend and happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do like the knitted texture on your card - looks so cosy. Cute little tea cup too! Thanks so much for playing along with our drinks challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun card! Thank you for sharing with us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete