Tuesday, October 29, 2019

TICKLE A TEAPOTTER!

Happy Fall y'all!

Whenever we have a fifth Tuesday in a month, we swap cards amongst the teapotter group. One of us hosts the challenge and then we sign up to get a swap partner.

This month is my turn to host.  I signed up for October because, well, it's October! LOL

Here is the challenge I posted:

Hello, Teapotters!

I love FALL.
Some of my favorite memories are from my twenties through late forties when we lived in central Illinois. No autumn was complete without a trip to Tanner’s Orchard. The family owned business has grown over the generations from a simple apple orchard to a thriving Fall Festival destination. Tanners is a staple on any elementary school child’s first field trip of the season.

Aside from their apple cider donuts still warm from the fryer, I loved their pumpkin scarecrow characters. These larger-than-life play on real life people greet visitors and passers-bye at the front entrance.

While Autumn has officially arrived here in southcentral Missouri for some folks, I miss my annual pilgrimage to Tanner’s Orchard.

Check out their webpage – www.tannersorchard.com and be sure to watch the video for a long-distance experience.  Then show us your best jack-o-lanterns, scarecrows or any favorite fall memory you want to share.

Keyword:

Here are a couple of teapots to inspire you:

Happy Fall y’ all!

Here are the tea pots I sent with the post:



Here is my card:


I used a Mossy Meadow card base then added a 1-1/2" strip of Balmy Blue for the sky. The straw bales are cut from Crushed Curry with the baling twine drawn on with Cajun Craze.
The pumpkins and the sun are stamped from the 9/16 Paper Pumpkin. The clouds are from the 7/17 Paper Pumpkin.

The scarecrow is a digital image from pixabay that I sized down. This is what he looked like originally:


After fussy cutting him out, I trimmed the hands/ shoes away then added tiny pieces of Raffia Ribbon behind the cuffs of his sleeves/ pants then reattached the hands/ shoes.

The sign is stamped in and mounted on Early Espresso

For his head, I added Raffia Ribbon to the bottom of his chin then attached one of the jack - o- lanterns from the 9/16 Paper Pumpkin. The straw hat is trimmed away from the image of a farm guy I found on Pixabay.

I'm pretty sure this is going to the bank in IL with my deposit this month... let them know I how much I miss them and Tanner's Orchard.




1 comment: