Monday, February 3, 2020

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - #FFIJJC


Today begins a new month-long challenge with dearjuliejulie. She has dubbed February as
February Finish It Junk Journal Challenge!

I think, due to the rough year she had in 2019 (losing both of her parents) she has a lot of unfinished projects she wants to get out of the way and Finish It February had a ring to it. She hasn't given us any restrictions this time around. Only that we may either choose to finish journals we have in progress (yes, there is a BONUS if we finish more than one) or if we don't have ones to fnish, to make journals from items we've already been collecting for a specific journal.  

I have several I want to finish this month. Yeah, I know this is a short month but I'll do what I can to get projects out of the way before she hits us with a doosie in March. Ya  know it's coming! lol

I have the following I'd like to complete:

October Daily 2019
ABC Journal
Girls' Vacation albums 
A secret journal I can't share at the moment
at leat 3 Valentine Albums for the shop

Aside from a traveler's notebook style and a love notes mini journal for the shop, my October Daily is first on my list:


This one is pretty much finished except for adding pictures. 
I was on a roll to finish back in October but then Walgreens totally messed up 100 pictures! I was so ticked. So I decided to print as I go on my little Cannon Photo printer... and promptly ran out of ink. After I got two new ink cartrdiges we were knee deep in the November Challenge and this one never got finished. 

I'll be working in tandem with getting the two ready for the shop.. which I'm late in opening because of an incident Saturay that put me off my game. Yesterday teh ribs were so sore from Saturday's episode that I didn't do much of anyting either except work on my manuscript. Progress but not where I needed. Life happens. I'm still sore today but I have to get things done. Bob should be home Wednesday evening.

Okay.. the list. There are 15 elements we need to include in our journals. They're pretty basic for journals across the board but help give us the boost to finish these up.

Fabulous Cover
Fabric Flip
Fold out page
Franken Page (12 x 12 and use it all in the journal)
Flowers
Flip flop page
Flip up Flip down
First (something we've never tried before)
Fun Signature Dangle
Fancy Charm
Fussy Cut images
Frame
Flinch or Playing Cards 
Favorite item to make
Fluffy Tassel

she also added that if we do not have room in an existing journal to create a mini album to include the items in. 

PRIZES!
Yes, there are always prizes from Julie. She is gracious about giving away digitals she has created. If we finish more than one journal, we get a prize for EACH one we complete!

She is also giving away prizes for each of the things we FINISH from our stash.. so finishing a roll of Washi, a paper pad, box of scraps, bottle/ stick of glue/ tape

So, there you have it. Our February Finish It Junk Journal Challenge!
Do you have journals started you never finished for one reason or another? NOW is the time with a little creative boost. 
Come join us! I'm linking her youtube video below where Julie provides a link to our FB group.



Creative Blessings
~Kelly


1 comment:

  1. Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

    More than 160k men and women are utilizing a easy and secret "liquids hack" to lose 1-2lbs every night while they sleep.

    It is very simple and it works every time.

    Here are the easy steps for this hack:

    1) Take a drinking glass and fill it half the way

    2) Now use this weight loss HACK

    so you'll be 1-2lbs lighter the next day!

    ReplyDelete