Monday, June 1, 2020

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Ephemera Storage

Good morning, everyone!

Welcome to June 1, 2020.
Are you like me in finding it hard to believe we are almsot half-way through the year?

Bob will be home a week from this Wednesday. I still haven't finished the studio. Where have the past two weeks gone?

Well, Week 1 - not sure except Friday mail arrived, leading me in to...

Week 2 - Memorial Day was a YouTube binge day for me. The postmail on Friday had me antsy to get through the holiday so I could begin making phone calls.

The postmail? I received a letter denying me unemployment benefits.
But here's the thing... I NEVER filed for unemployment.

I spent three hours on hold every day the rest of the week trying to get through to Unemployment.
I found out from one gal in dearjuliejulie's group that also (as well as several others here in MO) received the same letter. She was able to get hold of UE on Friday and was told to send them a copy of the letter.
I got mine after hours on Friday so I guess by the time I was trying to get through on the phone last week, TONS of people had received the same letter and they were overwhelmed.

Now, I hear some of you saying this was probably a scam letter. Sadly, it wasn't. The letter contained my social security number. Lovely!

So now I'm on the hunt for a reliable security form (like Lifelock) to protect my identity and creating a protection spell. If you have experience with security forms, I'd love to hear your opinion.

In the mean time, as I stated, Bob will be home a week from Wednesday. My plan is to have the studio completed a week from tomorrow. Then I can use Wednesday for general touch-up around the house and not be exhausted when Bob walks through the door.

Here is my Mixed Media cubby. About 97% of the content is Tim Holtz. Though the drawers are large items such as sheets of tissue paper, packaging paper, foam core, chip board, etc. My overall goal here was to be able to get to the little drawer units without having to move a ton of stuff out of the way first.


Part of the items that came off this shelf is at least three more of those small drawer units that were full of ephemera. You'll see in the video (linked below) why I've changed the storage process.

Here is a picture of that vintage jewelry box where I've sorted all of his hardware items:


I'm still finishing up the Ephemera Folios. If you've not seen my process, check out my video HERE from Friday Freebie. I started with each drawer, which was sorted according to Tim's packaging labels and a diagram of how my page layouts would be.

This shows how I sorted the entire Halloween pack in prep for planning out my pockets:


This shows the Christmas ephemera all sorted to a page layout so that I knew how many pockets I would need, thus how many pages I'd need:



Next week, I'll have the final flip-through of the Ephemera Folios. I will tell you, I should have about fifteen once completed. They won't store on the Mixed Media cubby. Instead, I'll be able to keep them next to my work table, accesible as I work on projects. 

Speaking of my work table, there will NOT be a card video tomorrow. I still don't have a work table. I'm not pulling anyything else out until these ephemera folios are finished.

I did not do the May Mayhem Junk Journal Challenge. Today, Julie releases the info for the June Challenge. We shall see....

What are you working on? I'd love to hear from you. Share your favorite tip for organizing ephemera or small pieces. 

Creative Blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment