Tuesday, January 26, 2021

CARD CHICKS!

Good morning, crafty friends.

I do apologize for not getting in here yesterday. Just a really bizarre day that began at 3 a.m with the rolling of thunder and flashes of lightning. Perfect sleeping weather for me. I was just snuggling into the covers to let the storm lull me back to sleep when I felt the Chinese water torture begin.  I had not one but two leaks in my ceiling. One directly over my pillow and the other just clearing the bed and hitting the floor in front of my nightstand. 

So up to strip the bed, sweep the bedroom floor ('cause it really needed done) then moving the mattresses off the bed out of harms way should the ceiling fall in. From there I filmed a video - you know, cause I was wide awake at this point! - then snuggled into the recliner to try and get some sleep. 

See, life interrupts all of us at some point. We just take some time to breathe then pick up our feet and step forward.

For me, the rain, which dropped 3" in just over four hours, continued in some form all day. That kept me with spotty internet. I finally just called it a day, snuggled in the recliner with the dog and watched Hallmark Movies Sometimes we just need to recharge.

So here I am today with my Card Chicks cards. 




Okay, so the 3rd one is a bit bleak. LOL Just not sure what I want to put in the top part of the card. I'll figure it out when the time comes.

Our hostess for this month was Barb. 
Image - Two Paper Divas (Tea Cups 2)
Paper - Tranquil Textures DSP (SU)
Ribbons - SU Night of Navy stitched Grosgrain/ Balmy Blue Satin/ Mint Macaron Linen
Embellishments included - a tea cup brad, blue brads, white pearls and blue rhinestones.

If you're curious as to whether things are improving in the studio, you'll want to come back for WOYWW. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly 


No comments:

Post a Comment