Wednesday, January 6, 2021

WOYWW #605 - Scary pictures!

 Good morning, crafty friends. Happy New Year!

I fell behind the past few weeks but with good reason. Bob was able to be home the entire holiday season. That doesn't happen often. 

The other reason is that in prepping to have the living room suitable for a Christmas tree, I had to move a lot of stuff back into the office. I put everything in general vicinity. Now I have three weeks to get the office in workable order.

I'm also adjusting to a new printer AND a new laptop. Both of my familiar items went down within a week of one another. Ugh! So I'm starting the new year with shiny new tools to help make me more productive!

So, instead of a desk picture today, I give you the nightmare I'll be dealing with. I'll make notes of changes that have been made since taking these photos last week:


The view from the door to the office corner.
While there is still a lot to the left.. the immediate corner of the office has been cleared.
I had to prep for a Zoom business meeting on Saturday so tht corner took priority.


My filming corner
This is a work in progress. A lot has been put away off of the filming table. 
Papers on the floor to the left need put in sleeves nd on the shelf. Stuff on the tble and the chair are for finishing the 13 Days of Digis album. 
My printer went down, then my computer so that stalled at Day 9.
Rather than just put those items away, I plan to finish that album first.
I should have this one finished by the weekend as I need my filming table.


Path to the sewing corner. 
Remember how pretty this area looke for Halloween?
Yeah. Most of the items are left overs from the baby albums project. 
Just need to put away.

And finally...


From the sewing corner looking towards the scraprack
(and filming area beyond)
The sofa is buried under past Paper Pumpkin Kits and stamp sets to be cataloged.
The Paper Pumpkin Kits will be part of a YouTube collab called
Canning Pumpkin.
The concept is to go through past kits, get them made up into 'something' and move them out!
I'll show the cards here the last day of each month as well as link the YouTube video if you want to see more about the details.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 










12 comments:

  1. I didn’t realise your office room was as big as it is, but makes perfect sense when I put the areas I’ve seen separately together! If you have a deadline for needing the filming table, then that’s really as good as sorted, huh! I’m fascinated by Pumpkin Patch kits...are they card kits? I think committing to a YT collab is (brave) useful because it will make you do it, so your list of things to be done is pretty much taken care of! Glad you had Bob home for a decent length of holiday. It’s his fault that you now have a to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julia. Yes, I don't know the UK equivilent but my room is 480sq. feet. 16' x 32' if I remember correctly. Paper Pumpkin is a subscription kit through Stampin Up! Usually they are card kits but sometimes there are other projects. you can go to Paper Pumpkin.com or do a hashtag search on IG

      Delete
  2. oh my... what a pain about the things that broke down... doesn't that always happen!! Good to see your entire room - I'm a bit like Julia, didn't realise there was so much of it! Good luck getting it all sorted, I think doing it in areas like you plan is a good way to go. Helen b#2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that's a large work space you have I had no idea it was so big. Take care and have a happy woyww, Angela x19x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about the malfunctions! ugh ~ You got this! one section at a time ~ unless it's really annoying then do that spot first ~ You know the rewards of having workable space are within your reach...Go for it ~ with love, Karen#32

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely big area to work in! Shame about the malfunctioning equipment, but yay for the shiny new toys! Have a lovely week, Heather #14

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kelly that is a large area to sort and tidy. Good luck with that and getting used to the new laptop and printer. Happy New Year, stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, that is a lovely sized room! I must show my husband so he can see I am not the only one to put stuff on the floor! He is always saying my room is in a mess - you should see his workbench, yet he still moans at me! Have a great week Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, yes, Christmas does get us all in a muddle - I had similar problems although it was less to do with the decorating and more to do with a visitor needing her bedroom back :D I've reclaimed my space now but I must admit, I can't focus if there's too much of a muddle round me.

    Happy WOYWW

    Morti #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing space you have. Sorry I'm late. Wishing you a happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#10)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your big room! Sorry you've had computer problems but I am sure you will soon be up and running with the new equipment.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your visit, Kelly. You will be happy to know that my eyes have now recovered and are back to normal again lol lol!! (A good laugh though!) I've continued to have blender problems - more later today when I post again for WOYWW. Hopefully all will be well from now on. Glad you liked my projects!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete