Thursday, February 23, 2023

CREATOR'S CORNER - Tiffany Solorio

 Good morning, crafty friends!

I am super excited for today's guest. Tiffany Solorio is my go-to creator when I want to play with my Lindy's Magicals. 


Before we go any further - I want to remind you of the Card Maker Summit THIS WEEKEND! If you've not signed up yet, please use Tiffany's Link HERE and come join the fun. Need more info about Card Maker Summit - Check out THIS VIDEO from Tiffany.

Okay.. let's get to know Tiffany:

I am a mom of 2 and I love creating. I started back in 2008 (ish) when I went to a Stampin' Up! meeting. I was hooked from the beginning. Even though my style has changed my love for learning new techniques and helping others to create has not changed. 


Here is one of the shots of Tiffany's inspiring space:



Thank you for joining us in the studio today, Tiffany. I can't wait to share your talent with my readers!

1 – What got you started on the creative path?

 I was invited to a Stampin' Up! party by a mom in a mommy and me playgroup I was in. I was hooked right a way!


2 – How has your creativity evolved?

It has taken so many turns. I fell in love with stamping. I made cards at first and then dabbled in a little scrapbooking. I then quickly found my love for mixed media and altered projects. After many years of creating 3d projects and more in depth projects I came back to card making, 


3 – What do you enjoy most about your creative path?

I am going to get a little vulnerable, which I don’t often do. When I was young I always felt artistic or the urge to be creative. But I was never able to draw or paint “correctly” and I always got bad grades in art class. In high school I remember the teacher telling me I wasn’t trying hard enough and I would almost fail each year but I stuck with it because I loved expressing myself through art. I also loved cooking and was actually pretty good at it and I thought maybe that is the “art form” I was supposed to pursue. I almost went to culinary school but life took me a different way. In 2008 I found paper crafting and over the years I obsessed in learning new techniques. People would often call me an artist but I felt so uncomfortable when people would call my projects art. Or tell me I am a good artist. It wasn’t until this year 2023 that I finally embraced the fact that I am an artist. 


4 – What inspires you?

I am inspired by so much every day! A color can inspire a project or the sunset can make me want to get in my room to create. 


5 – When did you move from hobby to business and what initiated the transition?

It was kind of by accident or maybe a natural progression. I have been creating YouTube video since 2008. Back then there was no money in it at all. I was always on some sort of design team but they didn’t pay. Just offered free products. It wasn’t until 2020 I took a course on how to build a better YouTube channel and my whole mindset shifted because I started implementing these things and I could see the potential. I started getting paid sponsorships and was asked to join summits and teach classes. 



6 – What do you love most about your space and would you change anything?

Recently I purged a lot of stuff out of my room and no matter what drawer I open or bin I dig in everything inspires me in my room. I think that is the thing I love most. For too many years I was so unorganized and I felt overwhelmed. I don’t have that feeling anymore. I would only want to somehow add a little hangout area for my kids. They often sit in my room with me but there is no couch or anything. 



7 – What 3 things do you feel are important when planning a space?

Don’t compare your space to other peoples

Make it functional but also have things out that inspire you. 

Keep your most used supplies closest to you


8 – What is your best organization tip?

I think the thing I stress the most is before you organize you have to purge. Not just a few items but have an honest conversation with yourself about what you haven’t used and won’t use in the future. 


9 – What is your best tip for anyone wanting to turn their craft into a business? 

Have multiple revenue streams and always learn how you can do better, whether that is with marketing, YouTube videos or other things. 


As you may have realized from these Creator's Corner interviews, getting to our 'Dream Studio' is much like finding Planner Peace. There is a process we must travel to find what works for us. Dream Studio is NOT about size but how we work with the what we have.



Tiffany gives us a tour of her dream studio in this vide:



I hope you've enjoyed this visit with Tiffany Solorio. Remember to check out the Card Maker Summit details coming up this weekend. This event is FREE (however, you can purchase lifetime access)

Here are some ways you can connect with Tiffany:


Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly







No comments:

Post a Comment