Monday, February 13, 2023

MAKE IT- MAIL IT MONDAY

 Good morning everyone!

Spent a bit of time getting a couple of cards made for today before I totally empty out the filming corner. I'm tired of the disaster. I'm taking the studio one area at a time and working my way through.  I'll show pictures on Wednesday of the first mini-project I did on Sunday.

Before I get into today's card I want to talk about the Cardmaker's  Success Summit 2023 that will be going on the end of this month. I participated last year and had a blast. We even have a virtual crop... and it's all FREE! (Though if you want life-time access, you can purchase an express pass)

Each presenter has a link for you to sign up. This month on KellysCreativeDreams, we're all about Tiffany Solorio so unless you know someone else on the panel you normally work with, please sign up through Tiffany's link. I'm linking her INFORMATION VIDEO HERE and you'll find her sign-up link in her Description Box. Come join the fun!!!


Today, I played with Lindy's again. I know... surprise!  But I also added in older sets of Stampin' Up! Brushos and Sprinkles.

Here are the two cards then I'll tell you what I did.



You'll notice one is lighter than the other. That is because you will NEVER get the same look twice when working with these powders. That's part of the magic.

I mixed up the powders (Stampin' Up! Granny Apple Green) (Lindy's Magicals Forest Green from the Jingle Bells collection) with a few squirts of rubbing alcohol then dabbed the color on with a makeup sponge. You'll get a walk-through in the video below.

Then I layered a strip of varigated tweed patterned paper from my stash as well as the image in the center. I mounted the mat on a retired SU Emereld Envy card base from my stash. 

I've been asked if I decorate the inside. I do, just usually when I'm ready to send it off so I decorated these with identical insides:


I used clear vellum stickers from The Paper Studios St. Patrick's Day packs.

Here's the video with the walk-through:


I'll be back on Wednesday with a way to get all that bling under control & a look at 'hopefully' the new and improved filming table!

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly







No comments:

Post a Comment