Monday, February 6, 2023

MAKE IT - MAIL IT MONDAY - Let's Play with Lindy's Magicals!

 Good afternoon, friends.

Apologies for being late. I'm trying really hard NOT to come down with a spring cold. Sore throat yesterday so didn't really feel the creative vibe. I'm a bit better today.

For today's card, I was inspired by THIS one on Pinterest.  I knew I wanted to use the Detailed Hearts die (retired) from Stampin' Up! This is one of those dies I knew I needed but haven't used a single time since I bought it. There will be a lot of those coming up in makes this year.

I also knew I wanted to play with Lindy's Magicals.  If you've played with Ken Oliver powders or Stampin' Up! Color Bursts powders then you'll LOVE Lindy's. The pigmentation is sooooo intense and vibrant. Then add a little shimmer and you have the perfect new color medium to play with. 

For the background, I used Alpine Ice Rose. I put a few sprinkles on my Tim Holtz glass mat then swirled with a bit of alcohol from my water brush. Alcohol dries quicker than water and since I'm on a time crunch, I wanted to give it a try. I just swirled with the alcohol then brushed across my watercolor paper cut to 4" x 5.25"


Then I worked directly on another piece of the 4" x 5.25" watercolor paper. I sprinkled on the Alpine Ice Rose and the Rudolph Nose Red (from the Jingle Bells collection), sprayed with water from my Tim Holtz mister bottle and swirled with the paint brush to spread everything around and break up the pigments faster. I didn't want a 'run' or 'drip' look. I wanted more concentrated intensity. Here's the paper after I'd already run through the die..


Then I ran the die through a sheet of Stampin' Up! Shimmer White cardstock. The picture below shows the die cut out and flipped over. I'm placing the Stampin' Up! mini dimensionals on the back of all the solid hearts.


After the dimensionals were in place, I added some liquid glue to the loose edges of some of the heart areas so they'd lay flat. Then flipped it over and adhered to the Lindy's color-washed mat. Then I punched out a few of the hearts from the Lindy's mat that I'd die cut and added dimensionals to a few of the hearts I punched out and placed them throughout the open hearts.

I mounted everything on a tent-folded card base of Flirty Flamingo (Stampin' Up!)

Here is the finished card:


I haven't decided if I'm adding a sentiment banner to the outside of just on the inside. I feel like a sentiment would detract from the over-all effect. What do you think? 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly








No comments:

Post a Comment