Wednesday, February 22, 2023

WOYWW #716 & #100dayproject - Day 1

 Good morning, everyone!

Before I get to my desk, I want to remind everyone there are only a couple of days left to sign up for the Card Makers Summit. We kick off the event tonight with a chat on YouTube then the classes begin tomorrow. This is all FREE unless you choose to buy the lifetime all-access pass. But FREE is good. Make some time to Play. If you know any of the instructors, feel free to contact them for their link. 

I am promoting Tiffany Solorio. She will be my guest in the studio tomorrow! Here is Tiffany's Link

You can also find out more by watching Tiffany's video HERE

Quick peek at my desk then you'll see where I'm going with picture number 2:


This is all of my 'most reached for' punches. They fill 3 shelves of a craft cart. On top of the punches, I have the diagram for placement of items in the cube storage. You can see the progress - or lack there of - HERE.

Items to the right are what came out of the top of the cart that will NOT go back in. The stack of junk mail envelopes with the pink clip... those are junk mail envelopes cut in 1/2 to make tuck spot belly bands for junk journals. I got the idea from Scrapbooking With Me on YouTube. Once I can get back to crafting, I'll get those turned into covered bases that I can then just decorate as needed for a specific journal.

I've pulled them all out of the craft cart because I'm prepping for my Day 1 project of the #100DayProject. You can find information for that HERE. Basically, you plan to do one creative thing every day for the next 100 days. I failed miserably at the creative last year so I decided to use the challenge this year to get the studio in order... one Day - one Task at a time. 

I have 3 black  craft carts. The one with all of my adhesives has a handle and won't fit between the Project Life cabinet and the filming table. So I pulled all of the punches off the one without a handle and did this:


Yep. We finally had a warm enough day this week I could spray the black cart teal to match the creative corner and add a pop of color. 

I'm giving this a few days to cure then I'll sort out all of my adhesives and put them on this cart next to my filming table. Then I'll put all the punches on the one I take the adhesives off of.

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list.

 

 Creative Blessings!

~ Kelly






7 comments:

  1. Great job on spraying that cart, it looks so much better as teal rather than black! I hope all goes well with the challenge that you’re hosting over the next couple of days. Don’t mention punches to me - it’s a dirty word in our house! I was trying to press a particularly stiff punch and went through the leaf of our dining table lol! Don’t know my own strength , sigh……
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the teal coloured trolley - what a lovely pop of colour for your studio. I hope your classes go well, they sound very interesting.
    Have a good week,
    Diana xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the makeover on the cart Kelly 😍 Wishing you good luck and much joy with the card makers summit ⭐️ and the 100 day project 🤸‍♀️ happy days afoot getting creative. Sending love and hugs Tracy #21 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour on your cart. I was looking at a 5 leaf punch the other day, several of the reviews said it seized up, so I didn’t get it. I still might! I signed up for the card making summit. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would take 100 days to sort out my supplies too! I'd never stick at 100 days of anything though. Have a great week Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly I'm back from visiting my mum. Very tidy desk today and love the craft cart, gorgeous colour. Wishing you a lovely woyww creative week. Hugs, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I LOVE the blue cart, well done you BJ#12

    ReplyDelete