Wednesday, July 21, 2021

WOYWW #633 + Garden Pictures

 Good morning, everyone!

Beautiful 63* in the Ozarks this morning. I somehow don't think the low temp will last. I'll go out and pick the last of the blackberries this morning before I start on the next project... which you'll see on my very sparse desk this morning:


I only have three packages of patterned paper left to catalog then I can start clearing off the shelf spot for them. The card project in the foreground is for my Card Chicks group. I have the image colored in, just need to figure out a card layout and get it put together & uploaded to the group this morning. 

Last week, several of you commented on the number of tomato plants I have. First off, I have to preface by saying I never expected ALL of my seed trays to germinate. That NEVER happens. But I do can a lot of what I grow. I've been canning since I was 12.

Here's the tomato row I mentioned last week. There are 32 tomato plants:


The 8' zucchini row:

The 105 Roma plants that still need a home. I'm not going to plant them all... only the ones that are already setting fruit. Then I'm going to try some of them for an extended growth in the greenhouse as long as weather permits:


If all sets well, I'll be canning lots of tomato sauce this fall.

And finally, one of 20 green pepper plants with a tiny green pepper:


Bob and I will kick in early Tuesday morning getting the beds finished and things planted. While it may seem late, keep in mind these plants are already setting fruit... they just need a bit more room to flourish. 

I'm not sure how much I"ll get around this week. We have a visit with Bob's mom and her husband this weekend. Mom said this may be the last trip they make up from Texas. The ride has been hard on them, so we are making the most of the weekend. 

That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly 









10 comments:

  1. If it’s their last trip, then you have to make the most of them! Have fun xx You’re going to be working hard when all those veggies produce their goods, lol!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the visit from family Kelly, especially if it may be the last time they make the long journey. Sounds like things are cooler where you are than the UK at the moment. Great veggies! Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  3. you must make the most of the time with your Mum. you really did have the green fingers this year with your tomatoes then! good job you can make use of them all. have a great week and stay safe. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly the older we get so do our parents. My mum and dad used to love driving over to us and then suddenly it stopped. Mum found it difficult to understand why my father didn't want to go so far in the car any more and still isn't coping with being so old. She is 93 now. Lovely to see all your beautiful veggies doing so well. Keep cool and wishing you a very productive woyww, Angela x13x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Only just getting round to commenting after two exhausting days with Ben - lol. Loved every minute but goodness - how much energy a six year old has - even in this heat! Your veg look good - it's so rewarding just to be able to pick and eat from your own garden. xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very envious of those veggie plots!


    Happy WOYWW!
    Stay safe and keep well!
    Susan #5
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that age thing happens to us all eventually. Enjoy their visit. I don’t think my husbands parents will be driving to us again. Fresh garden produce is always lovely. My mother in law makes chutney with the green tomatoes at the end of the season. Angela #12

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took cuttings from my tomamtoe plants and even they are making babies before they've growning roots! And, drum roll!!!! I pulled up a spring onion and a radish yesterday! Mind you, they are in pots.Stay Safe, Keep on crafting Happy late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#16

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully productive garden, Kelly. So many tomato plants and zucchinis too! Good thing you are into canning. We had Veg Chilli with Zucchini yesterday which is one of my favourite recipes!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #15

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the veggie plots. Enjoy your visitors
    Christine#11

    ReplyDelete