Monday, February 6, 2012

Magazine Monday

Another beautiful day in the Ozarks. It is hard to believe we are still in the throes of winter. It is 54 degrees outside but if you are in the sun, it feels much warmer. I even ventured outside to photograph today's card.

Today's inspiration comes from the February 2010 issue of Crafts n Things Magazine. The card I chose was 'Love is the Reward' by Crafts n Things Design Team member, Elizabeth Allan. Her cards are beautiful and I encourage you to stop by her blog for a peek and say hello.

She used a 4.25x5.5 vertical card. Her card title echoes the sentiment she stamped on white CS, matted and tied with the striped ribbon at it' base. She used 3 square brass brads positioned on-point to the left of the sentiment. Her card has a distinct vintage feel that caught my attention.
I was inspired by the color scheme and the simplicity of the sentiment. And I think my choice of DP is just feminine enough to cover my tastes without being too girly for my husband's valentine. What do you think?


For my husband's Valentine, I chose to flip Elizabeth's design horizontal to coordinate with the layout of the sentiment from SU Holiday Best. I ran the ribbon beneath the sentiment rather than tie it. I used SU Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip CS and a print from My Minds Eye called Love of My Life Floral. I followed Elizabeth's design of giving the brown mat for the sentiment a scalloped edge to soften the look, again just soft enough for a girl but man enough for my 6'4" hubby. To balance everything out, I used three gold brads in the opposite corner.

Whatever inspires you, make it yours....

and share with someone you Love!



6 comments:

  1. Your card is very elegant. I like the red and brown combo. Great choice for a man. I think your hubby will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kelly. Love the ribbon treatment and your choices of papers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly your card is lovely. I love how you took design elements that inspired you and incorporated them into your own signature card. It is an honor to be mentioned on your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. red / brown is such a great combo... great design with just enough to dress it up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!! I love these colors, so "classic" looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Kelly. Love those colors together. Not too frilly for the hubby. Great job.

    ReplyDelete