Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teapot Tuesday


Today's card goes to a special young lady in KY. Katy just graduated in May with hopes for a bright future. Unfortunately, after some illness, doctors have discovered her liver is shutting down and her heart is not doing everything it should. They are having issues with medications for the heart because the liver can't handle them. If things do not improve for Katy, she could have only six months to live. You can read Katy's story HERE

Along with creating the card to cheer Katy up a bit we were to include camo in some form. Katy loves camo and the military. While flipping through my pink papers I found this watercolor heart paper and knew it was perfect. I used the Lacey Labels Cricut cart to cut the heart and layered it right on top of the same paper so it seems to blend into the background of the card. To keep it from being too plain I added a small ribbon strip of SU Pretty in Pink CS. The sentiment is stamped with one of the stamps from Whimsical Words (SU) in Regal Rose. Even it seems to float into the background of the heart.

Speaking of Valentines, I am spending a couple of days with hubby at a hotel just relaxing and am trying to be on-line as little as possible. So I'm taking the rest of the week off. Next week I'll have Magazine Monday, Teapot Tuesday and Wednesday I'll show you that baby album I told you about yesterday.

I also bought a book on sketching faces today. Hopefully next Thursday I'll be able to show you a completed cover for my Whispers art journal.

Creative Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Kelly, and you did the camo thing very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very soft looking... and pretty too... nice job... Enjoy your time and say hi to Bob please

    ReplyDelete