Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Teapot Tuesday


I jumped right into this card on Saturday after getting the 'cheater' email about this week's destination. Not only did I know I had all the components to meet the requirements but because I felt deeply with the recipient. I don't ever want to be in her place. I've thought about the situation a lot over the past couple of years as I've addressed my own mortality, and those around me. Thinking of being without my best friend of 29 years sends me into a panic attack. Something else I seem to experience more as I get older. So this card is close to my heart and I hope it gives Teapotter Robin a bit of smile in what is a very dark time for her.

A quick overview, Robin's husband died in February from shock after experiencing an explosion while mixing rocket fuels. You can read her entire story HERE. Aside from finding peace at the ocean, she loves her yellow mustang. She's had it for years and it's full of memories for her and her husband. We were asked to think beach and bonus goodies if we included a yellow mustang.

Well, I didn't have a mustang - a clear stamp from Paper Crafts is all I had to work with but I made it bright yellow and parked it right on the sandy beach.


I used the red tape for the beach, coating it in sand. The shells, sentiment and gulls are all from a Sea Breeze clear stamp collection by InkaDinkaDo. The shells were stamped in Iridescent white on SU Soft Suede then triple embossed with Translucent EP. Sea Breeze is stamped in SU Pacific Point and the gulls in SU Baja Breeze. I colored the car with LePlume Lemon Yellow.

My heart goes out to Robin at this difficult time and hope all the cards she will receive in the coming days let her know how much she is loved and thought of.

Creative Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Great card Kelly. I love how you created the beach scene! You really rocked this challenge and should get lots of extra cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is wonderful! I have that same Sea Breeze set of stamps. I am sure she will love the cards and wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute Kelly! I really like how your card came out....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete