Monday, February 27, 2012

Magazine Monday

Bob has gone back to Chicago, the house is quiet and I can get back to a working routine. Saturday night while he was at a Lodge meeting, I had four hours to live in the studio. I enjoyed some uninterrupted creative time while 70's music on the Direct TV/ Sirrus channel kept me company.

I started by looking through past card swap kits I've received and decided to start with January of this year and work my way back... all the way to April of 2011. Yeah, it's been that long since I've been able to keep up with the kits.

The card kit from January was all about tea and coffee. Yum! Talk about inspiration.
Flipping through my magazines, I found a LO in the Oct. 2009 issue of Crafts n Things magazine just perfect for one of the items in the kit... 3 individual coffee/ tea cups.

Ya'll know I'm not a big fan of non-traditional shaped/ sized cards but I seem to be doing more of them lately. Probably because the inspiration card calls to me. Do me! Do me! This particular card and LO was a 5"x5" card from Michele Boyer entitled Happy Anniversary. She used more vintage-toned DP and her images were 3 Dogwood flowers. Michele is a very talented paper artist. Aside from having her own blog, Paper Cuts, she has been featured in multiple publications and on-line company sites. I knew her name was familiar. Checking out her blog showed she is a Dirty Dozen alumni at SplitcoastStampers! If you really want to be inspired, check out Michele's GALLERY.


The papers is from Martha Stewart, the cups from TeaCup Parade by Printworks and the sentiment in the corner is from a Studio G coffee set. I colored the cups with Derwent WC pencils, popped them up for dimension and placed them over a vintage trim. The mini brads (Recollections) on the sentiment echo the black knots on the trim.

I hope you find inspiration and make time to play today!
Creative Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Such cute tea cups and I really like the vintage trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great love the cups...what does the sentiment say? just curious : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, thank you SO very much for your compliments! You are so sweet!

    Your card is so pretty! I just love that layout and the tea cups!

    ReplyDelete