Sunday, February 12, 2012

Magazine Monday


Okay, no one faint. I have Monday's and Tuesday's cards done! I'm getting the Monday post uploaded tonight as we are under a Winter Storm Advisory and could have ice in here tomorrow. With the ice, there's a good possibility I won't have internet.

The past few weeks I've been working on a 8x8 album for a lady in Canada who will be having her first child any day. I needed a card to go with her gift and remembered I had a magazine with multiple layouts available.

I chose a card made by Julie Ebersole titled 'She's Here!' showcased in the May 2005 issue of CardMaker magazine. (pg 46) I kept the layout the same with the exception of using what I had to work with.

I used the same colors for the card I used for the album (which I'll show in a later post)... SU So Saffron, Soft Suede and Certainly Celery.

Julie used a velum tag with a pink doodlebug button and the sentiment said She's Here!
I didn't have a velum tag but I did have a tag stamp from Hampton Arts. So I stamped and embossed the tag with silver on white card stock. I also didn't have a ribbon I liked so I replaced it with paper twin in the three coordinating colors. I don't know which SU set the onsie stamp is from. I've been back through SU catalogs to 2000 and could not find it. I picked it up at a garage sale by itself about five years ago. The sentiment, 'Little One' is from the Nice n Narrow set.

Hubby and I are taking off for Valentine's Day on Tuesday morning. I hope to get the blog post uploaded before we leave. It's a Camo Valentine! Cute and simple!

2 comments:

  1. I like the CAS look of the card Kelly. Can't wait to see the scrapbook you created.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity! Great color combo too. I can't wait to see the album.

    ReplyDelete