Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scrapbook for Little One

Today, I'm going to share some pics with you for a special baby album I put together last week. When I was first introduced to on-line baby showers, I thought they were the coolest thing. I still do. On-line showers, also known as Virtual showers, are great for when family and friends are spread across the country. They allow everyone to attend regardless of where they live.

If you're not familiar with this party scene, they're easy and fun.
As with any party, you need a hostess. In this case, someone who can be organized as it does take a bit more planning because once you've sent out invites and have an RSVP list, you'll want to send small party favors to the 'guests' ahead of time.

Plan a time to hold the shower and send out invites to everyone, along with a chat link if necessary, along with any links to baby (or bridal) registries. It's also good to include personal wish lists, colors/ themes and in the case of baby, if you know the gender.

Everyone makes or purchases their gift and has it sent to the honored guest ahead of time. If it is a handmade gift, take a couple of pictures before you package it up. When purchasing on-line, have a link handy in your files.

On the date/ time of the party everyone meets in the chat room. As the honoree opens a gift, she tells who it's from. While she's sending packaging and gift wrap flying, the person who sent the gift posts their pictures or a link to the purchased item so everyone in attendance can ooh and ahh right along with her.

Heather's was the second of these showers I'd attended in a two month period. I did the same gift for both Heather and Toni with a slight modification. Toni does scrapbook as well as make cards so I knew I could send her the page components and she'd be good to put it together on her own. I did the basics of the layouts and left room for Toni to add her own personal style. This is a sample of the components I sent to Toni (from an earlier post):


Heather on the other hand is a self-proclaimed non-scrapbooker. So I wanted to send her a completed album. All she had to do was insert photos and journal about the picture. This is what I came up with for Heather:

The entire package


Inside Title page for important information


The First Month 2-page LO


Three Month LO

Because we didn't know the gender of either baby, I went with neutral tones for both of them. However, with Heather, we knew she had the Amazon Jungle kind of theme going so I borrowed the Animal Kingdom Cricut cartridge from Maggie so I could make some cute animals to accent the album pages. I LOVE this cartridge and had fun doing the layering/ paper piecing of the animals. I've made several extra animals to use in Abby and Adrian's albums before shipping the cartridge back to Maggie.

For Heather's album I used SU Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight, Very Vanilla and Soft Suede cardstock along with varying other colors for the animal piecing.

The components for this album are really versatile. I first got the idea early last year when I did a Page LO component swap hosted by the same gal who coordinated both of these showers.


You can check out my original post HERE for the details.
Creative Blessings!

5 comments:

  1. Such great gifts! I love the scrapbook you made and the page kit is an awesome gift idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shower was so fun!! And your gift was totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome idea !! I left you an award on my blog :)

    http://snsmemories.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete