Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teapot Tuesday


This week's TPT card has a destination but not to a specific person. We are sending to the children's ward at a hospital in Schenectady NY. You can read about why this hospital was chosen HERE. Being in the hospital is no fun but to be a child in the hospital on your birthday has to be the pits. This week we hope to change the mood.

We were to include a variety of things... the more the merrier.
Cupcakes
Birthday Banner
Confetti
Balloons

Everyone should be a STAR on their birthday - regardless of where they celebrate it!


I knew the SU Ice Cream Parlor DP was the perfect paper for both it's bright colors and pre-created color pallet. I chose the Pear Pizzazz from the stripe as my base and played with the other colors in the inks.

My cupcake is created from a Studio G stamp, homemade f
lower soft, dimensional gel and bling. I centered it on a scalloped circle then popped it up.

For the banner, I chose my Technique Tuesday 'Message in a Banner' set which I won on SCS last spring. Freebies to work with are always good! I stamped each of the four with a different ink color then matted them on another Ice Cream Parlor DP paper. The letters are stamped with SU Bold Alphabet (retired) in Pear Pizzazz. I strung each pennant from a piece of yellow twist paper and only put the pop dots on the top edge so the pointed end hangs free. The 'ribbon' strip is a sticker border from that same DP pack.


I carried the same ink colors over to the balloons on the inside (stamped with the balloon from SU mini messages -retired) and the sentiment from Whimsical Words.

I hope my card brings a smile to some child's face on a day when they may not have a lot to smile about.

Tomorrow... that baby album I promised you!

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Bright and Happy...perfect for the cause... nicely done Kel... great choice of colors, and idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Love the pretty birthday colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! I love the striped paper and the banner.

    ReplyDelete