Monday, April 2, 2018

BIRTHDAYS & ANNIVERSARIES

I'm finally on track to share Birthday and Anniversary cards for the month.  I saw a video on YouTube by Dena Rekow on "How to Make Quick Cards From DSP". Shared the video on my WOYWW post last week.

This is one of those projects that exploded into a much larger project than I'd planned based on the DSP I chose to work with. I wound up with a total of 40 cards! I spent one day cutting everything then another day putting the pieces together. While this is a simple layout, if you're going to do a bunch, then it is labor-intensive but you have so many cards done and ready for when you need them.

This would be a great card for a class. Each person could select their own color combination and sentiment. You could have the circles pre-punched to coordinate with each color.

I knew I wanted to use the Fresh Florals DSP from the All Occasions Catalog 2017-2018.


Fresh Florals DSP coordinates with the 2017-2019 In-Colors:



I made whatever I could from each sheet of DSP. I wound up with six of each color combination - fronts and backs. Smokey Slate appeared to be the best background choice. However, I didn't realize I was almost out. Here are all the pieces cut out. I have a few left to put together once I order more of the card stock in April.


I wanted the actual floral for the focal point so used the flip side for the card base mat. 

Then I started stamping the banner pieces from coordinating card stock before remembering I had the ribbon in the In-Colors so I switched. Each color collection has some of the stamped banners and some ribbon banners


In the video, Dev staples her banner pieces together. I chose to do this as well, but felt they still needed a bit of stability. Mini glue dots left over from Paper Pumpkin kits was a perfect fit. I positioned one glue dot towards the far reach of the banner...


then stapled the left end:


After putting them together, I didn't care for the staple. So I got out my 1-1/8 and 1-3/8" scalloped circle punches from the Spring catalog:

Here's one each of all the color combinations:


Here are a couple up close:



DIMENSIONS:

Card base: 4-1/4" x 5-1/5"
Base Mat: 5-1/8" x 4"
Floral Base Mat - 4-7/8" x 3-5/8"
Floral Mat - 3- 1/4" x 4-1/2"
Banners - 3/4" x 4"

STAMPS USED:

Bloomin Love - flower on the Thank You card strip accents
Timeless Textures - flourish on the banner strips

Sentiments from the following:
Beautiful You
Your Inspiring
Eclectic Expressons




No comments:

Post a Comment