Friday, February 22, 2019

CARD CHICKS - February

I guess I should have taken a picture of the envelope contents before the pictures. Will try to remember to do that from now on.

I am amazed at myself for being on time with these. We are to post our cards from the 21st-24th of the month. I've been on time once in two years! So bad of me.

This month's kit came from Barb. She sent a fabulous collection:
     2 images
     2 sentiments
     2 papers
     1 ribbon
     1 twine

The images are from Unity Stamps.

Here are the three cards I made:


I saw the diagonal patterned paper from Echo Park (A Perfect Winter) and instantly thought pocket card. I used the Tim Holtz tag die to cut out around the image, leaving enough room at the top for a snowflake from Jolees. I used Stampin' Blends to color the image. I think I used Pool Party for this one. light for the background of the cup and dark for the rim and base. The snow is covered in SU - Embossing Glitter. The sentiment is mounted on Basic Black.


For this one, I started by tearing the patterned paper in half, then used Cherry Cobbler to make the red in the pattern pop. I left the background of the cup white but used light gray over the snowflakes. Cherry Cobbler for the heart and Dk Basic Black for the coal. More Embossing Glitter for the snow bank. I cut the sentiment apart, dusted the edges with Cherry Cobbler then ran down the side.


for this last card I retore the edge of the patterned paper to give me the white edge. Mounted on Night of Navy.  I tied a bit of the bakers twine (SU-  Bermuda Bay) around the length of ribbon then glued that along the side.  The snowflake trim at the base of the image is part of the diagonal paper. For the image, I went through my printed/ stamped digis I've had in a photo album. I got these from Splitcoast friends when I was a part of the group in the beginning. The image is from an old SU set called Playing in Snow.

I had fun putting these cards together. One is already headed to the mail tomorrow as I owe a gal a card from our SMMR card exchange. Somehow I missed sending the card when I mailed Christmas cards. I think this one catches me up. Time to start thinking about the card I'll need for March. 

If you've never joined a card kit/ swap group before I encourage you to do so. While they can be a bit time consuming, they also force us to do a little Crafty Self Care... something I've promised myself I will do more of in 2019. After all, All work and no play......

Creative Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment