Monday, February 25, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - The #FFJJC continues

Today, I'm showing off the tags from the last mini- challenge as well as how the cover came together. I hope to do a walk-through later this week via video. However, Bob came home last night. He's only home for two weeks so I may just focus on the 'have to do' posts until then. I do know a new challenge will go up later this week. 


Tag fronts. The one on the far left is actually a shaker tag.

Tag backs, front to back in the same order as the ones above.


I wanted to use this Tim Holtz fabric and loved this postal print.


This fabric from my stash, while cotton, has the look of a Victorian carpet bag fabric. 

Next, I did get the signatures done (3), sewn into a hidden spine then the final cover on. 


Fabric seaming the natural-toned linen fabric for the front/ back covers


The front cover.

You can't see the pearl accents from The Paper Studio in the upper right corner very well in the photo. That should show up better in the video.


fabric clips

These were pieces I clipped away from the floral I used on the front cover. I took a piece of fabric and backed with fusible web. While I could have glued the floral fabric to the front, I wanted the fusible web more for stability so that I could fussy cut the image.  These pieces are ones I chose to snip away. I can use them as accents on pages/ pockets within the journal.

With Bob home, I'm not sure I'm going to get to work on this much the rest of the week before the next challenge goes up. I'm hopeful. I am looking forward to what Julie has in store for March.

For anyone who says crafting is a sedentary life, I have news. I racked up over 12,000 steps on two different days last week as well as 13,000 yesterday. Craft and Move!

Creative Blessings! 




No comments:

Post a Comment