Monday, February 18, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - #FFJJC - More components

Good morning, everyone!

I really hope to do a video tomorrow or Wednesday. I'm still pulling items. Pulling, dying stuff over the weekend. Not sure if the tea dying is allowed. I know we could use coffee/tea-dyed but I didn't have any. I'd never dyed papers before and it's something that I wanted to try and would fit perfectly in this Victorian tea-themed journal.  I spent most of Saturday dying items. Today, some of them will take a bit of a press.

This is photo-heavy as I walk you through the items we were allowed for EACH signature and the charms I made for the second mini challenge. Let's start with those.

The cool thing about the mini- challenges is that we are not bound by parameters. We can use anything we want as long as they include fabric. This is a FABRIC junk journal challenge, after all.

I loved putting these together:


Because we could use anything, I could use whatever tools I wanted. This gave me the opportunity to use the new Tea Time Framelits dies (free with a $100 purchase from our catalogs/ clearance) from the Stampin' UP! Sale A Bration catalog as well as the coordinating Tea Together stamps from the Occasions Catalog.  If you need a refresher in the bead shopping, you'll find that HERE
Okay.. the pictures of items for my signatures. I've decided based on the multiple things we are to include, that three signatures will be plenty.
5 Copy Paper

5 assorted from the following:
Ledger


Mulberry

Tissue

Vellum

Five light-weight scrapbook/ digital:

I've had this package for years, just waiting for the perfect project.

Five from each of the following:




Five plain cardstock:


Five printed cardstock. This one confused me a bit. Julie pulled from a paper pad, calling it printed cardstock. So, while all of the items look like traditional scrapbook paper, they all came from a variety of three different paper pads:


Five assorted card/ index/ greeting:


Tea-dyed large index cards. The MemoryDex belong in the 5 for the whole journal category. The 5 'cards' in the front were cut from the back of the calendar I pulled the pages from. I also found some vintage greeting cards last night I can pull into this one.

Bags and envelopes

For the remainder of the Five for the WHOLE Journal, I've not pulled those yet.  I should have them to show next Monday as well as how the signatures come together. 

One more picture. Our final mini-challenge is to make five tags. All must include fabric. I cut the tags in two different sizes from the Tim Holtz tag dies. One of the frames (haven't decided on the size) will be turned into a shaker card. 


So my projects for this week is to do the tags and put my signatures together. I still haven't put my cover together. I think while I have the iron out today, I'll get fusible adhesive on the floral sections I want to use as cut-outs so I can get the cover finished and the signatures in place. 

I will have Teapot Tuesday cards up tomorrow. I need to catch up to the one from last week. A very special story to share, as well as the one for this week. 









No comments:

Post a Comment