Monday, February 4, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY Returns! Whispers Of Me

Over the past few days my sister and I have been watching endless runs of art journaling videos. Ones we've been most captivated by LorriMarie Jenkins. Check out her channel if you really want to be inspired. She takes you through step-by-step through a series of videos for EACH project. For now, I'm on Altered Book #2. A lot of the things I already know but I just love watching her.

The videos have inspired me to pull out an ancient project and get it finished! You can read complete posts about the Whispers Of Me project

HERE and HERE


If you read the posts linked above you'll see I started this book about 14 years ago as a teaching venue for a class I was teaching. That's a LONG time to have a project in process.... and not going anywhere. As I look at the picture, I'm not sure I'm happy with the cover.. or some of the project itself. I'll know more when I look at the book later this week. I may wind up rescuing pages from inside and starting with a fresh book. Because I started this as an alphabet book (this was an old dictionary), I'll need to be able to incorporate at least 26 2-page spreads. But then again, maybe just 1-page spread per letter will work. 

See, I don't think I was happy with the direction the book was going and may be why I stalled. 

To see more pictures, check out the second link for sure. There are a couple in the first link where you get more background. 

I will be working on two Mixed Media projects for this month. The other is a February Fabric Junk Journal Challenge. Look for hashtags on IG - #FFJJC to see all the creativity. You can also jump in. Watch the video below for all the details.  I'm not sure how much of it I will do as I still have a book to finish writing but I really want to play in this one so we shall see.



I have cards to get done so should have something tomorrow. I've finally begun to find my desk!
Creative Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment