Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WOYWW - #506

First off, I apologize for not getting around last week. I was waiting a day for the numbers to settle into place so I wouldn't  be claiming to be someone else (sorry Caro hehe) then I found the project you'll read about in a moment and that became my focus for the week. I have blog visits on my list for Friday when the weather turns crummy and I can't get anywhere else. The weather is ALWAYS pleasant in WOYWW. 


The remnants of my station after creating 6 cards yesterday then depositing the mail on top of the lot following a trip to the mailbox. That wind was bitter. I just wanted to dump the mail and find a hot cup of coffee.  This will all be cleaned up this morning as well as (finally) the big work table.

Aside from having a month to finish the rough draft of Book 2, I'm playing in a challenge all this month.  The February Fabric Junk Journal Challenge - ##FFJJC

HERE is the link to the blog post I did on Monday about the challenge and what I've done so far. I'm pulling the last of the supplies today and filming the video. While the challenge looks daunting to some and not much of a challenge for others (there have been comments on both sides of the spectrum), I'm finding the overall project fun. There's still time for you to join us. Watch the video, join the FB group then grab your list and jump in!

We are to be in the 60s today and tomorrow then a new wintery mix moves in for the next several days. So today is all about detailing floors, prepping for the fabric challenge and finishing some details I need for the book.

A Question for you:

Have you ever made a junk journal? If you have a post/ video showing one, please link or add a picture to your WOYWW post next week. I'd love to see.

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, still keeping super busy I see, I've never made a junk journal, I used to do art at school but with fabrics to make pictures, mine mainly featured flowers but it was great fun.
    Have a great week
    Jan no22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly. Well, it looks like you are going to be really busy with all that you plan for your fabric journal. The answer to your question is "no" - I have never made a journal of any kind - fabric or paper - the concept simply doesn't do anything for me, I'm afraid. I have done a little bit of scrapbooking - made one for our ruby wedding anniversary seven years ago as a gift for John - but even that was a HUGE thing in my mind - I struggled no end with finding different things to do on each page - a photo album would have been easier, but I was determined to just do one scrapbook in my lifetime! I know, pretty useless, I'm afraid!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great space this week. Have a good week xx Jan (22)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually went and had a look at the challenge, not because I want to join in but because there's rarely anything to do with fabric on these things - so it makes a change! Glad you're having fun with it, I'm rubbish at having to do something to a time scale!
    Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly Busy Bee! Junk journals are fun but not something I do but there are plenty about on Pinterest though. Six cards in one day is some going! Wishing you a lovely woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x5x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing other people's junk journals Kelly, but I'm afraid the closest I've got to making one is using scraps on a page in one of my bought blank journals. I hope you continue having fun with yours and get everything done in time. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly, never done a junk journal, will be interested to see how yours turns out! Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #1 X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You sound busy... I have never done a junk journal although I do see them about in blogland and on instagram. I look forward to seeing how yours pans out. Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#27)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always buy my journals but have watched lots of you tube videos about them. Have fun! Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are keeping super busy Kelly, I love junk journals but don't use FB, I love seeing them when they appear in blogland.
    Six cards in one day is a fabulous achievement, i'm lucky if I can make one at the moment but have so many birthdays coming up I need to get a move on!!
    Thanks for sharing Woyww have a super weekend Tracey #6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kelly, what a busy time for you! No, I've never done a junk journal so I will watch your blog with interest. I'll also have a peak at the link. I have lots of different crafty things to keep me busy when I find some spare time, I daren't add to that list at the moment, but I do like seeing what everyone is up to. Thanks for stopping by earlier, have a lovely week Heather x #23

    ReplyDelete