Tuesday, April 21, 2020

CARD CHICKS! - April

Good morning, everyone!

I was the hostess for this month's Card Chicks Challenge.

I should have taken a picture of the kit. Did I think of that? Noooo. LOL

I started with one of my back issues of Cardmaking & Papercrafts


I love getting this magazine because every issue has something free. stamps/ embossing folders/ dies/ papers... all made exclusively for Cardmaking & Papercrafts magazine. This particular issue had this set designed by Siobhan Harrison


For the kit:

I stamped multiples of the teapot, cup, cupcake and sentiments in Memento Tuxedo Black on GP White cardstock.  
I used SU Shimmer White cut to 5"x5" to emboss the doily folder.

The rest of the kit contained:
1 - 4.25 x 5.5 each 
             Blushing Bride cardstock
             Berry Burst cardstock
2 - 4.25 x 5.5 of Fresh Florals DSP (in the blushing bride)
A scrap strip of the Fresh Florals
3 pearls in degrading sizes
1 length of Whisper White Flax ribbon and of Powder Pink Shimmer Ribbon
1 strip of GP white cardstock punched with the Martha Steward lace trim

Here are my 2 cards and what I added:


I used Stampin' Blends in:
     Lt. Rococo Rose
     Lt & Dk Seaside Spray
     Lt Granny Apple Green
     Lt & Dk Soft Sueded

I cut the teapot out using the largest circle from SU Layering Circles then the largest scallop from that set to cut from Rococo Rose cardstock. 
I layered everything on a Rococo Rose background, using dimensionals on the teapot circle to let it stand out from the base a bit.

Here's my second card:


For this one, I used the largest circle form Spellbinders Large Circle set to cut the center out of the embossed doily. I layered a piece of the Fresh Florals DSP on a Smokey Slate cardbase.

I turned the cupcake into a chipboard piece by fussy-cutting the image four times from white cardstock and laying them all together. This let it stand out away from the doily base a bit. I layered the shimmer ribbon over the flax.

I still need to do Barb's kit from February. I finally found it - for the third time - and put it where I know for sure I won't misplace it again. I'll have those cards for you next Tuesday.

Creative Blessings!



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I really like that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are so pretty! I love the teapot in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Kelly. Your coloring is fabulous. I like how you made the scenes for your tea parties. It was a fun kit to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet cards Kelly! I love the colors you picked and the layout. Thanks for sending us a fun kit this month!

    ReplyDelete