Wednesday, April 22, 2020

WOYWW #568

Good morning, everyone!
I hope this visit finds you well.  The one thing I love about virtual visits is we don't have to don all the protective stuff. We can be ourself, touch things if we wish.. you know, like in a normal world.

Quick Note:  Blogger has been removing pictures from our blogs! I don't know what's up with that so you might want to check past posts to see if all your pictures are still in place. 

So, here's my desk as I left it Tuesday afternoon. I've been in a cardmaking mood. I made two for my Card Chicks group that I showed in yesterday's post. I was the hostess for this month and I used a stamp set/ embossing folder from a past issue of Cardmaking & Papercrafts magazine. I love that those are exclusive to the magazine.
My next card - well, 2 actually - is to make cards using that adorable squirrel napkin. I have one writer friend who is nuts for squirrels. The other card will go to the cousin of The Bellamy Brothers. She has spina bifida and has been in a care facility since she was 19.  I'm sure she could use a little cutie squirrel during this time.


The rest of the piles are a result of my SU order that came in on Monday. The ribbon from SU's clearance page, the new bling part of the Ornate Garden suite and the new Ornate Garden Stamps/ die sets. One of the border dies is on backorder til May 5th - of course, the one I wanted LOL Click on the name to see a video of this set. The border dies is what sold me! The set is available to customers NOW! (earlier than stated)

Many of you asked about my planner shelf and how many planners I have.
Well, I have several. Because of my small hands I can't do a Frankenplanner where everything is in one. So instead, I treat individual planners like file folders. I have one main planner that is beside me every day that I work from.

The best way to explain, if you're curious, is my planner video. Take note that when I show the peach 6-ring workhorse... that one just wasn't working for me. Took up too much room on my desk. I've swapped that one out for a disc-bound.



That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 



Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

9 comments:

  1. That looks like an interesting system with your planners Kelly. I did have one photo disappear from last week's WOYWW post (which I've replaced) but I haven't gone much further back to check yet. Hope your borders arrive sooner rather than later. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelly! I love that squirrel napkin. I can't wait to see the card. I am impressed with all of those planners. I bullet journal and have several for different things (work, book, gratitude) so I totally understand having separate planners. Besides they are all so fun to look at. Stay well, my friend.
    Belinda #32

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had most of my photos from the past two or three weeks disappear, but I havent yet had time to fix it. So frustrating. Thanks for the interesting video on the planners. Love the different ones... I only have three at the moment - prayer requests, spiritual journal, and general journal including to do list. I don't keep habit trackers etc because it just became a pain! Happy WOYWW. Stay safe and take care. With love and God Bless, Caro x (#25)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blogger does that fromtime to time - I think I had some missing from some really old posts. loving your planner. take care and stay safe. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly, the napkin is fab, gorgeous squirrel! Amazing collection of planners too. Have a lovely week, Stay safe, Hugs, Shaz #11 X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kelly, loving your planner collection and the cards too. Take care and have a lovely belated woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you've been having problems with Blogger removing photos. A year ago, they managed to delete the whole 8 years' worth from my old blog and in desperation I left, and started a new blog on Wordpress. Much better - except - sorry, Kelly! You are the latest that it has stuck in my spam folder! It's certainly over-zealous. You are now rescued from the Folder of Doom and I've got your lovely comment safe and sound, for which many thanks. Now I just have to remember to check that wretched folder daily to see how many other friends have been imprisoned there. What a lot of planners you've got! The only planning I do these days is my weekly meal planner, so I know what to buy and what to cook! Great that you are making cards for special people. So glad you enjoyed seeing our kitties again - they are endlessly photogenic, and among the most adorable we've ever had - although of course we've loved them all to bits, over the years!

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi x #15

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, thanks for the great idea about wrangling the die cuts and your generous offer to send a mini album. Absolutely no need....I know I have one and I just have to find the special place it’s been living in, brilliant idea. love all your planners and the video, you are definitely well organised and on track, super impressed by the budgeting and fly lady type planners. I am very taken with the Ornate Grden images too, I can totally see why you liked the borders, hope it’s not too long before your collection is complete. and how could anyone not be cheered by a cute squirrel like that. Love the way you can casually mention you know the Bellamy Brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly, isn't it amazing how one thing can inspire us, those clever designers really know how to capture our creative hearts. It looks like you have a fab planner system going there I used to be so organised but as I get older it seems to have reversed. I've not had chance to check on past blog post regarding missing photo's but i've been having issues with gmail notifications for blogger so there's bound to be something missing somewhere. Take good care of yourself & enjoy playing with those desk goodies, Tracey #3

    ReplyDelete