Monday, April 13, 2020

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - In Progress & EXCITING NEWS!

Good morning, everyone!
I hope that in spite of the lock down, you all found something to enjoy for Easter. While things were definitely not normal, there were still plenty of blessings in each of our lives. Focus on the Positive!

My positive today is all about the junk journal stuff. things I have in progress and some exciting news to share... later. ;-)

First off, a few pictures.

This first one is a book page, folded into thirds. This works great as a belly band or a side-tuck on a journal page.



 Here it is, open, with the notebook paper glued to the inside for journaling:



Next, making a pleated ruffle with book paper is easy. I've made mine from the blank border on either side of a printed page, gluing lengths together.



Once the pleats are made by gluing them into place, flip them over and attach colored paper scraps. This will be one of several 10-minute tutorial videos beginning next week on my channel.

For the mini challenge due today on Dearjuliejulie's AlphabetA2Z Junk Journal Challenge, we are to make a coin envelope as well as a bank envelope plus embellish them and add things to the pockets. A bank envelope has two pockets and the coine only has one.

I've made these coin envelope pockets from book pages. I just need to embellish - Today LOL



Here's a bank envelope I have on hand. I haven't chosen the paper yet to make mine from.




Finally, here's my work table today. I want to finish adding my personal touches to the sewing journal today then I can clear everything off so I can start fresh. We're already two weeks in to the A2Z Challenge!




Now for my Exciting News!

I've been helping to moderate Dearjuliejulie's YouTube live streams for a couple of weeks. During our Saturday gathering, Julie announced that I am now a member of the Dearjuliejulie Design Team!
I'm super excited. She creates some of the most beautiful digitals for her Etsy shop.  Right now, all of her digitals are 50% off so we can craft til our little hearts content. 

Off I go!
Be smart, Be safe - CREATE!



No comments:

Post a Comment