Thursday, April 23, 2020

THURSDAY TECHNIQUES - Embossing with Dies

Good morning, everyone!

Since I wanted to look this video up for a refresher I thought I'd share the technique with you.

Most of us have dies, many we haven't used for awhile. Maybe it's time to pull them out and use them in this new way. If you don't have the embossing mat for your machine, I'll link you to the one from Sizzix.




Note that you also need:  Sizzix Impressions Pad

I'm also including a link to Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Mary Fish's video  - just in case you were quick to purchas the one from Stampin' Up! before they canceled their contract with Sizzix.

Here's my card for this week:


I used the Flower Border die from Lawn Fawn. With a normal die technique, I would have cut out the die several times in various colors then paper pieced the individual flowers together.

By using the Impressions pad with the die, I was able to simply impress the design into a piece of cardstock then go back and color in the flowers.

I colored the background of the strip with Lt. Balmy Blue Stampin' Blends from Stampin' Up! The individual parts of the flowers were colored in with Kirarina Wink paint pens in o18 (pink), 015 (blue), 011 (Lt. green), 001 (yellow) 

I also used the Impressions pad to emboss the smallest Layering Scappops die (Stampin' Up!) then cut it out with the next size up. The clouds are punched from a retired SU Punch. The sentiment is from one of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up! - Fabled Friends

Note: While I've closed the SU blog, I am still a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! If I can help with anything related to Stampin' Up! please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment