Monday, March 30, 2020

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - So Many Projects

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, this has been a busy weekend in the craft room and I'm no where near finished with projects. Today is all abut quick picks of what I'm working on.

First, the BONUS challenge at Dearjuliejulie as part of the MAIN challenge was to create one or more journals from a single 12x12, 8x8 or 6x6 paper pad.

I've had the signatures in for several days but I spent the weekend adding tags, distressing... and now I find I want to add buttons - a tactile element so I need to finish that today. Deadline is tomorrow.

I chose this pad from Prima called PRINTERY. I loved the mix of cream/ white/ black and the overall elements. There were three sheets of each design. I did wind up breaking into a second pad (one of the few I had a duplicate of!) to finish tag bases. You'll see all the details in a video flip-through on Friday. I brought in Cherry Cobbler and Basic Black cardstock for accents and used file folder tag bases from my stash.


This is the front with the lace tie in place. I'm still planning to add buttons to the top right corner.


Next, there's the sewing journal I still need to DO by midnight tomorrow. I haven't started yet because I kept going back and forth on what I actually wanted to use for the main challenge.

I finally settled on the remains of a paper pack from Stampin' Up! called Suite Stitches.  This paper came out in the Occasions catalog in 2011. Since I have very few pages left, I've pulled from other paper pads in my stash to coordinate:


Working through the Bonus mini, I found a process that works for me so I'm hoping this March journal comes together quickly.

Finally, I am still working on the March challenge for April at Pink Odd Bird. I have all the elements together, just need to fine-tune and put stuff together. Hoping to have this one finished by the weekend. The plus side is that we don't have to have this one FINISHED in March so I can stretch just a bit.

Here are the four signatures. All the items are in order of how I want them within each signature. I just need to stitch around the large business envelopes, which will also secure corner tucks into place. I hope to run this video on Friday.  A note about that later.


Here are the tags for all of the pockets/ tucks. The great big tags in the background will go in the large business- sized privacy envelopes. TONS of journaling space. The purple tags will go in the medium tucks then I have the smaller tags to go in the tea bag pockets and other small places. 

My smart and creative husband suggested I stamp on the tags so that's what I did while moderating Dearjuliejulie's Beginner Journaling class last week. 


You can watch the video series beginning HERE   If you join her Scrap All About It with Dearjuliejulie Facebook group, she has given participants a 23 digi file to use in the class or you can just create from what you have.  I plan to use her digital kit for this class soon. Probably not until June after Book 2 - An Ozarks Sodliers' Homecoming is released.

Finally, April is my  month to host the Card Chicks group. I have my kit almost ready to mail. I just need to finish stamping images and make the envelopes to pop everything in to.  I chose a stamp/ embossing set from the January 2018 or 2019 issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine.


Look for pics of my complete kit and cards around the 21st of April when we can post them to the group on Splitcoast Stampers.

A NOTE REGARDING VIDEOS
My internet has gotten increasingly slow. Uploading videos takes forever. I don't know when this will return to some sort of normal. I'll be keeping a closer eye on my data beginning in April and hope that things improve. My data allowance rolls over on the 5th of each month. 

Until this is remedied, any videos I upload will be very brief and only if I can get them uploaded before 8 a.m. when I have my 'free' window. 

We are on the final 2 days of National Craft Month.. let's send it off with TONS of CREATIVITY!

Creative Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment