Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recycle Wednesday



Yeahhhh

Adrian is out helping grandpa with the boat so I can sneak in here for a couple of minutes and show you my latest recycle project.

My last swap of the year (as of right now anyway hehe ) was a Altered Container/ contents Swap. We were instructed to alter a container and then fill it with contents that matched the theme of our alter. I chose May Baskets for my theme since we were mailing them out by April 1st.

I started with a Nestle Quick container. I have 3 of these every 2 months as I use it as the base for my cappuccino mix. When I'd finished wrapping it with a basket-weave patterned paper, this is what I wound up with:



I used 2 pieces of cardstock glued together then wrapped in the same basket-weave paper to make the handle and attached it with gold brads. Because of the rim of the container, I couldn't use the Crop A Dile so I used my wood burning tool to make the holes.

I signed up for this swap towards the end of last year so I've spent evenings in front of the TV making all different kinds of flowers. I used Embroidery Floss to crochet all white ones and variegated colored 5-petal flowers. My EK Success Daisy Punch is one of my favorite flower punches to work with and I made a bunch of these. Some had buttons for centers while I used bling for others. I added bright yellow silk daisies, made 2-layered flowers with brad centers from silk petals (box of about 800 in the wedding dept.) There are also some Studio G paper flowers layered in different combinations and centers. As a final flower touch, I added flower brads and eyelets. Aside from different types of flowers I also made Lady Bugs in 2 sizes and added birds and butterflies from K & Co.

Here's a shot of the basket with the contents spread out:


I had a blast coming up with the different flower combinations and sharing these embellishments with others I know who can put them to use. However, with the summer garden, freelance writing and still wanting creative time this is my last swap for awhile. I have plenty to play with.

Cya Monday! Creative Blessings

7 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cute! I does look like a little basket and the flowers are perfect to go inside it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great, flowers are really pretty... Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out very cute & I love those flowers! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous job on that. Love your container and the flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! Very creative! Love the May flowers basket, can't think of anything more perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are sooo beautiful! This post makes me feel like making some flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project Kel and pretty blossoms. LOVE seeing people Upcycle. :)

    ReplyDelete