Tuesday, August 13, 2013

MMTPT263- Flowers for Janet

Felt great to play this morning, and I'm so happy to be making a card for a fellow artist. Janet Little has been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. Though not the worst kind (Cancer is the worst in any form IMO), Janet has a positive attitude. She says "it's not up to the doctors but up to God as to when she leaves this earth."  You can read a bit about Janet HERE


Because she loves flowers and bright colors, I knew I wanted to use SU Garden Collage (Retired) The bright pop of color is SU Melon Mambo. Although Janet works mostly with oils, I didn't think she'd mind a little water coloring so I used SU Watercolor Crayons in Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green to wash in the flower and butterfly. 

To accent I used what has become my go-to punch, the MS Lace Border. I inked the edge of the button then added a bit of bright pink paper twist as the 'thread'. 

When I first pulled this set out, I started working with Marina Mist. By the time I finished I realized I had a Sympathy card. As I was cutting for two cards, I now have a couple of those in my stash. 

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Kelly! I need to remember the "ink the button" technique with the added thread. I have so many buttons but rarely use them (now I know what to do with them :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had set up the heat gun to set the ink but I didn't need to! I used the dauber to add ink from the spot and it did fine. I couldn't even wipe off the extra I didn't really want.

      Delete
  2. beautiful card Kelly. i love the bright pink paper twist as the thread. nothing like having a few ready made cards in your stash. have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found an entire package of the fine paper twist 'twine' at a $1 store. There are 5 or 6 colors per package. Maybe I need to add one to a Friday Freebie soon. Hmmm

      Delete
  3. I really like the stamp set and colors you chose to use. You have a lovely creation here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon! I love that set and I believe it's retired. So blessed when Soni gave it to me. She knew I loved the images. Welcome to PBU, btw. I'll get you added to the roll next week!

      Delete
  4. Awww im so sorry to hear that!
    I'm sure she will love your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce. Thanks for stopping over. I hope she liked it, too. :-)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty card. The stamp set you used is just beautiful. Such cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is a very versatile set... and I think there are only 3 (maybe 4) stamps in the set. I love it!

      Delete
  6. This is so beautiful. That is a fabulous set and you did a great job on the layout and coloring. I"m sure your friend will be so thrilled to receive it. I'll keep her in my prayers. May His will be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maggie. At a fellow teapotter, you know how much these cards mean to the people we send them to. Hugs!

      Delete