Friday, November 18, 2016

FRIDAY FREEBIE - Sympathy Card

I had cause to make not one but two sympathy cards last week. A lady who was my very first daycare child in IL - her grandfather passed away. I'd met him a few times. Very nice man. And his personality flowed down through his family.  I knew I wanted their card to be extra special. I found THIS one on Pinterest. The card can also be found on Stef Perry's blog - Perry Papercrafts

Here's my card:



I chose SU Crumb Cake as my base and added Very Vanilla and Night of Navy. The stamps were from SU sets - Thoughts and Prayers, Love and Sympathy.

The paper is from an old SU mini slab - Print Poetry. Though you can't see it well in the photo I embossed the front of the base with the wood grain EB folder from Paper Studios. The ribbon is from SU Very Vanilla Stitched Satin. I also used the new Stitched Framelits die - Ovals from SU.  I love the softness the Very Vanilla provided.

I'll have the other sympathy card for you next Friday.
Creative Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment