Good morning, crafty friends!
We are almost there. With this much excitement can you imagine when we hit 1000!!!
I don't have desks to show this week because nothing has changed. Before I can do anything else in the filming corner we need to address a leak in the ridge-line of the roof that has recently begun dripping into the office, directly over my stamp/ die boxes!!! Bob got the stuff last night he thinks will fix the issue. I hope so.
But I did promise to show someone (Sylvia? MaryAnne?) how I store my stamps and dies.
I have over 600+ sets and keeping the wood mounted on wood wasn't an option. I broke everything down and they now store flat in photo boxes:
They are all filed by category in shoe boxes with the dies behind any coordinating stamp set. Then misc. dies stored by category in a single shoe box.
Be warned, this was not a 'weekend' project. I could have done it in a week had I not run out of supplies. Then it took me forever to get back to finishing. Now a couple of those boxes are damaged from the waster leak and will have to be redone, but the stamps/ dies are safe in their plastic sleeves.
Note: In the video you'll see the dies packets stored vertically, they now store horizontally, not allowing water to get in, thank goodness... just in the box itself.
That's it for my desk (and story) this week. Who's Miss Sarah and why am
I here? When you are done visiting me in
the Ozarks, please hop on over to Sarah’s Craft Shed for all the details. Miss
Sarah has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an
up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome
you. Please leave your number and you'll
be among the first on my list.
Creative Blessings!
~ Kelly


Wow Kelly, that was a marathon task sorting all the stamps and dies out but don’t they look great now! You don’t have to waste any more time searching for stuff, that’s very pleasing! Hope Bob manages to get the water leak sorted soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs LLJ 2 xx
Oh my word that IS a lot of stamps. Hope the roof gets sorted soon. We haven't had proper rain in an age, forgotten what it is like! Hugs Bj#12
ReplyDeleteThis is late for me today as I’m still trying to sort out the new laptop. I have to admit that it just all felt too much for me and I've given loads of my wood mounted stamps to the Girl Guides which they love as they don't have enough stamp blocks for the whole team to use. I have kept a few and they are on shelves but one day...who knows. Using the shoe boxes is a great idea too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, hugs Angela x10x
ReplyDeleteWow Kelly that is a great storage system!! A true labour of love but I know what you mean abouting getting back to 'organising' when you run out of something. Some times it takes so long I can't remember the rationale for doing it in the first place!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #6
Hi Kelly, I have stored my stamps and dies methodically too and so can testify as to just how long it takes to do. Hope the leak is sorted soon. Elizabeth #13
ReplyDelete