Monday, August 13, 2012

Magazine Monday!


Happy Monday, everyone!

My in-laws left this morning after a weeklong visit that included a short road trip to meet up with our daughter and her family. The gathering brought four generations together for an overnight stay in Paducah, providing lots of time for just visiting and letting ‘Grandma Great’ and Grandpa Dick spend sometime with two little ones they don’t get to see as much as they do the other grand and great grand kids. This was the first time they got to see Abby (born last Oct.) and meet our daughter’s fiancĂ©e. It was a good time, but I’m happy to be back to work.

Today’s Magazine Monday card comes from the 2007 issue of Rubber Stamps. Anna Justice created a graduation card using CTMH and The Stamping Studio products. She revisited the technique of stamping an all-over image on solid cardstock to create our own DP. She used Congratulations in various fonts to make a graduation card.

My pic didn't turn out very good today. I had to shoot it inside because the wind is blowing like crazy! I think one of my next projects is a photo box. For now, let's see how this card came to be.

I seem to be in the Halloween spirit these days. LOL I think I’m just ready for fall. I chose SU Elegant Eggplant and Pumpkin Pie. I stamped the moon/ stars image from the SU Halloween backgrounds set all over the Pumpkin Pie in Elegant Eggplant. I was afraid the image wouldn’t stand out well if I did the tone on tone so I stamped the witch and ‘wicked’ with LePlume Black on the Elegant Eggplant background. Rather than stamp the entire Best Witches image, I inked the ‘witches’ part (not inking the ‘best’) of the stamp and ‘centered’ it on the mat then stamped the witch below it.

The ribbon is a newbie I picked up at Hobby Lobby last weekend. It’s not a ‘stiff’ ribbon, but it’s isn’t light weight flimsy either. It was easy to run the Tombo across and would have fed into the Xyron very easily. I raided my Halloween embellishment tub for fibers and the embellishment drawer for buttons and brads.

Best Witches!

No comments:

Post a Comment