Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tea Pot Tuesday

I'm doing really well at getting in here in the evening. I promise, tomorrow's post will run earlier. hehe

Normally I know what I want to do when I start a card... and it ends up very close to my original plan. Today's card fell WAY off the mark. Partly because I had seen a sketch yesterday and knew it would be perfect. Do you think I could remember where I saw it today? NO!  So I tried winging it. That didn't work either.

So instead my card for Jean Linabury in Malabar FL is simple, while including the elements given in the challenge - to bring a Yellow Cat or at least the color yellow, and scripture. Jean has terminal lung and breast cancer. Seems like that horrid monster rears it's ugly head more and more as we progress. So sad. Jean loves the color yellow and is strong in her faith. Her son John, has epilepsy and is unable to travel to FL to see his mom. So our we are showering her with love and support in his stead.

The cat shows up better in person. I used scraps of ValuCardstock yellow. The cat is from Paper Crafts Inspirations Magazine inclusion sheet, stamped in SU Sunshine Yellow (ret.) The sentiment is from SU Thoughts and Prayers. The base is SU Concord Crush (ret). All the embellishments are from my massive amount of stash. I used Cricut Accent Essentials cart. to cut the labels. I cut one the same size as the cat's mat but trimmed it down to fit the sentiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment