Tuesday, January 7, 2014

TEAPOT TUESDAY - Kendra & Elke

This week we do something a little different - we are showering not one recipient but two with love and support.

Elke and Kendra are best friends. They work together, take their dogs to the park together and even sneak out for Pepsi and salted chips together. When Elke was diagnosed with breast cancer, Kendra was right there, lifting her up. After Elke's surgery, Kendra found a lump of her own.

So this week we honor both of these strong women with anything pink, dogs, friends and bosom buddies.
I had one plan in mind. You know the 2 pieces of the heart... one says best and the other friends. Well, while searching through my stamps for a heart to use, I came across this cute little puppy in a wheel barrow and had to use him. Who knows.. I might RAK these girls later when I can play more.


The sentiment on the outside says 'Nothing is worth more than this day.' ~ Goethe 
Inside I've stamped the sentiment... 'Of all possessions, a friend is the most precious'

I want to get involved in challenges again this year so I've started by returning to my old StampToSpend group on SCS. Ina's first challenge of the year was to reach back in our stash and use paper from 'way back when'. I found this 8.5x11 sheet in the file box. The paper is from 1996 - Hot off the Press - Muted Roses.

RECIPE:
Base and small mats - Pink Pirouette (SU)
Paper: Muted Roses (Hot off the Press)
Images on front - Summer Afternoon (SU)
Ink: Memento Black and edged the white mats with Regal Rose (SU)
Rose & Pearls: Recollections
Misc. ribbon

CHALLENGES:
MMTPT284
STS14A


2 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I like the rose paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Nancy. And it's one of those papers I wish I had more off. Perfect for multiple occasions.

      Delete