Monday, September 22, 2014

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Notepads


I got a lot of compliments on the notepads at the conference Saturday. Although time consuming, they were easy to make. People were asking where I got them done. My reply - in my studio. Hehe

The picture on the front is my book cover resized to 2.75 x 4.25 I printed the image on Normal quality on the printer onto #110 Georgia Pacific cardstock.

I used the same size mat on the back to print the 'back cover' blurb from the book as well as the QR code.

The pads, which you saw HERE were also 2.75 x 4.25. I was able to get 8 from a single sheet of copy paper without any waste. That was pretty much my guideline for the size of the pads. Each notepad was 80 page.

The outside 'cover' was cut from Stampin Up cardstock - Marina Mist. The color just seemed perfect with the color tones in the photo as well as the book being set on the shores of Galveston Bay. I cut 2 covers from 1 (8.5 x 11) sheet of cardstock with a strip off the length. Not really a waste. I can use that in cards.
The full cover measured 6.5 x 4.5. Then was scored at the 3" and the 3.25" mark to create the spine.

I used my ATG gun to adhere the pads to the inside as well as the mats to the outside.

I am really pleased how these turned out. I used 3 of them in prize envelopes from a FB launch party I participated in for another author. Would I do them again? Probably everything except gluing all those pads (125!)

2 comments:

  1. it looks great! I don't think I would have glued all those! It sounds like it was a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one!!! . did you have any left ? be sure & autograph that puppy for me

    ReplyDelete