Wednesday, September 24, 2014

WOYWW #277

My desk is a bit bare at the moment. 


The gallon can in the back hidden under my notepad template is for an upcoming HUGE project. The smaller baked bean can is a part of the same. The stretch of Xyron tape is Recollections labels to go inside those 17 rolls of Halloween Washi tape spools. Yep... we won't discuss how those are a drop the drawer to what I actually own :-) But I have a purpose - I promise. :-D

Happy WOYWW! Haven't a clue what that stands for? Hop on over to Stamping Ground where Miss Julia will give you all the Details. Anyone can join this weekly journey around the world.
The notepads are done and passed around. You can see that post HERE.

Friday is my birthday. Bob asked what I wanted. Aside from wishing he could be home or the HUGE surprise we have coming soon, there really isn't anything I want - well except maybe to see some of my favorite Texas boys in concert but that isn't going to happen.


Aside from these talented guys, I'd also be happy to go to Branson to see a recording of Larry's Country Diner. I love traditional country music - which is what Scott and his crew perform. I'd also be happy to have a number of my Texas Americana artists in my backyard around a campfire... W.C. Jameson, Mike Blakely, Chuck Hawthorne, ... yeah any of the above would make for a very happy birthday girl :-) All are true artists in their genre.

 So I am taking a 3-day weekend to spend in my studio. I'll be finishing up some partial projects and working on Christmas cards. Hopefully, I will have enough project to get the blog back on track. 

So... what's on YOUR desk this week? Leave your # so I can find you on Julia's list and pop over.
Creative Blessings!

20 comments:

  1. hmmmm .... might you be covering your cans with washi? very interesting things on your desk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm intruiged as to what all that is for! I am green with envy at the thought of having 3 whole days to play! Enjoy your birthday and what lovely dreams about the boys!
    Hugs
    Lynda B 24

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser to your upcoming project. I wonder what it will be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Happy birthday - my twin, as my birthday is Friday as well! Have a really special day - and weekend. Hope you get lots made.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #18

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your 3-day weekend - look forward to seeing what you make. Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great day and have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #69 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending early birthday wishes for you on Friday Kelly hope you have a lovely day , Happy woyww jill #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, intriguing... All will be revealed I'm sure.
    Have a lovely birthday Friday and a super three day weekend to craft to your hearts' content!
    Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
    Lisca#45

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a lovely birthday, have a great week and happy crafting, Angela x 36

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely - have a great birthday (with many happy returns) and a fun time in the studio. Do show what you come up with. Love, Chris # 14

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Kelly -- hope you have a very happy birthday tomorrow! A three day weekend of crafting sounds awesome. Happy WOYWW & thanks for visiting! ~ Laura #80

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks from stopping by my blog Kelly. In answer to your question about the bind it all I would say yes if your going to make lots of little mini books . I hardly use mine now , but had decided that this year I was going to get it out to use if only to use up some of my bind it all supplies which were just sitting in the cupboard. Have a lovely weekend love jill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to you!! I hope you have an incredible day, whatever you decide to do with it!

    Can't wait to see what you have planned for all that Washi tape...that's a lot of Washi goodness!!

    Happy WOYWW!
    Amy E. #74
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Early Birthday. Atleast I didnt get your birth day wishes late. cat wait for your suprise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Three days to play with art, now that sounds like heaven. Have a great birthday. Love to see what you do with the tins.
    Have a great week.
    Von #23

    ReplyDelete
  15. Boy, you really have a teaser on your desk! Fascinating! And I hope you have a great birthday celebration! Our kids got me tickets to see George Strait for my bday. OMG!! Even though we were close to the nose bleed section it was still fabulous! Thanks for popping by and happy belated WOYWW!
    Carol N #61

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh Kelly so much intrigue!! Thanks for swinging by earlier. We are peas in a pod - happy birthday to you, mine is on Sunday. Drop me a line at hamnmulenycDOTgmxDOTcom and we can sort out getting you a pink pumpkin scrap or 3 :) Cx #65

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been teasing us for some time about your "big surprise." Can't wait to find out what it is. Happy birthday! I hope you have fun spending time in your craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's an interesting pile of stash, can't wait to see what you make!
    Thanks for your visit
    Debs 26

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooooo washi tape! I am late to the washi band wagon, but I'm now the proud owner of 5 rolls lol. I even used some today! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier in the week! #6

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice array of stuff on your desk. Sorry I didn't get back to you - was on my way when your post came through. The clay workshop was in Toddington, UK and we had Loretta Lam visit us for one of the workshops. There is one in March over here with Donna Kato visiting - sadly am not going to that one.
    Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete