Monday, January 19, 2015

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Shopping!



I'm almost finished with my Tim Holtz tag for January 2015. I'll have that to show you next week. I'm still plugging away on the Documented Life Project. I am NOT happy with the base for Week 1. It's too dark. I have one more idea in mind on how to maybe brighten things up a bit. If that doesn't work, I'm setting the page aside to use in something else and start over.

In the mean time, I thought I'd show you the fruits of a very relaxed shopping weekend in Springfield. The weather was a balmy 62* and a healthy breeze. Just gorgeous weather to make you happy to be out and about doing something you love. For me, that would be looking at artsy stuff.

Before I show you what I bought, I want to direct your attention back to the top pic. This was my project from a Treasure Mapping workshop I took on Saturday. The concept is to create a visual board of things you want to accomplish - a visual target. Mine wasn't so much about tangible things like money or a trip but was more about the things I need to focus on to accomplish those things and components in my life that can make everything possible. I haven't put one of these together in a long time. Was really nice sitting in the library conference room tearing through magazines looking for gems while Native American flute music played in the background.

After the workshop I got about an hour of writing on the new book. Really struggling with this story for some reason. But I'm plodding along. Before heading to the hotel I made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby. Found some things for the Secret Sister Cupid swap and a couple things for me. Storage was 50% off and I never pass up the opportunity to grab at least one paper keeper when they're on sale. This is how I store all of my slabs.


Sunday morning after checking out of the hotel I spent over an hour in JoAnns. Aside from some yarn I needed for the Mitten Tree project, I came home with these goodies:


Tim Holtz (as well as just about anything Scrapbooking) was 40% off. The one thing they didn't have I wish they had was the pocket watch fob. I already used one of the keys on my January TH tag. Those little heart charms in the center? Where were those when I was looking High and Low for my book promotion back in June? I guess I should have just contacted Theresa Collins. These are part of her gold embellishments. I purchased all they had. I plan to put together special give aways for my trip to the Romantic Times Convention in Dallas in May. 

And here's a close up of a couple Tim Holtz items:


I am 5'4". The ceiling in my studio is 8'. the ceiling fan is a flush-mount so I can't reach the pull chain for either the center light or the ceiling fan. Before Bob left we talked about we'd have to extend the chains. So I bought the ball chain kit from Tim Holtz. Then I thought how cute the lantern charm would look to distinquish the fan chain from the light! I think I'm putting a key on the fan chain.

Are you tired from shopping yet? I hope not. So much FUN!
After a relaxing couple of hours at Barnes & Noble doing research and purchasing a book I couldn't leave behind, I went over to Michaels and found more goodies!


I bought these boxes for storage in the new space. There are 2 of the ones on the bottom and 4 of the ones on the top. They were 50% off. I bought all the blue ones they had. What I'm going to use them for, I'm not sure. I have a couple of ideas but we'll see if they stick once the room starts coming together.



The paint markers I'm not sure about. I bought them hoping they were refillable only to find out they are identical to the Crayola ones. :-( I just have 4 extra colors. Everything else came out of the tower bins. (Except for that one little item back by the stamp. I think if you click on the picture to enlarge it, you'll see it's from the beading department) I just liked the little canvas tags. I'll put them to use. :: Smile :::

The keys, the gear charms and that item from the beading department are all a part of a project I'll be working on soon for the Romantic Times Convention I mentioned earlier. Our theme night is Wild West meets Steampunk. I'm going as a Steampunk barmaid. If all works out, I'll have all kinds of 'tonic' bottles attached to my waistband. I'm on the hunt for vials a little smaller than film canisters that have screw on lids so I can travel the room with a bit of libation at hand :-)

Okay, I'm tired. Let's head home. We have a two hour drive. I hope you found what you were looking for today.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a productive shopping trip. I like the boxes you got a Michael's.

    ReplyDelete