Monday, February 2, 2015

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Documented Life Project - Week 1


While I am not as artistic as some people, I do have my own style. I had an epiphany while doing this piece. I am not suppose to be as artistic as them... I am to be ME. So with that acceptance out of the way, here is my Week 1. This is the redo of the background I did not like. The previous background wound up as the base for Week 2 - which is almost finished.

CHALLENGE:  Book Paper
PROMPT: Be Your Own Goal Keeper

With those two things in mind I started with my base


I tore book pages into strips....


Created a basket weave for texture...



Added color using gelatos.

I downloaded a clip art of Scales of Justice since my word for 2015 is Balance. Then I added stacks of 'books' representing things I want as part of my balanced life this year.

The letters/ numbers are from a chipboard stack... using the positive and the negative/ gold and silver. 

One recurring item that will be included in all of my pages is the definition of a key word from that week. I am cutting them from an old paperback dictionary, adhering to cardstock for durability then coating with dimensional glaze. This week, the definition is for Balance.

Balance: 
: the state of having your weight spread equally so that you do not fall
: the ability to move or to remain in a position without losing control or falling
: a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amounts or have an equal or proper amount of importance

I should have Week 2 finished next week as well as Week 3 and hopefully Week 4.
Creative Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks is great. We are always our worse critic! I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete