Monday, July 20, 2015

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - #LoveSummerArt

Did you spend the weekend zoning out to all the craft videos on YouTube for the #LoveSummerArt fest?  I watched several. Not as many as I'd planned but enough to amp up my creative juice. I know.. like I needed extra wattage!  So I thought I'd link you to some of the videos I found most interesting.

First and foremost - and this is the one that will get me into trouble - is from theartsharpa. This hastag event was her brainchild. She is the enabler for all the cool things we have the opportunity to view.  I loved her beach picture in acrylics for beginners.


I do NOT paint. Okay.. I said that once before then my super artsy friend, Carla (see her button on the right - Carla Scraps) taught me One Stroke. Fell in love with One Stroke. I think Sherpa may very well be the person to teach me to let go and enjoy playing with the acrylics. We'll see. I do plan to attempt this project - and have an idea to take it a step further into the Mixed Media world. I'll keep you posted.

Here is a list of a few of the other videos I really liked:

Krazy Island Studios - art journal page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7oIPUGr85w
She is moving to Hawaii so is working with limited supplies but does a lovely layout. Made me want to doodle flowers!

Cat Hand - art journal page
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6_0YqZ5RkQ
Cat summer thought went to watermelon and shows how to do the cutest addition to an art journal page using mosaics made from Gelli prints.

There was one other gal. I can't find her video right now but her summer is all about vacation and travel so she showed how she packs her basic art journal supplies - even for flying - so that she can still journal wherever the summer fun take her. As soon as I find her link I'll add it back here. I was also captured by her granddaughter. Made me miss crafting with my girls.

The cool thing about this hashtag party is that they plan to do a new theme every month. Subscribe to Sherpa's page so you'll know when the next one starts. As soon as I hear, I'll post here or my sidebar. 

The other thing is that as we all know, anything on the internet is there forever - so six months from now when it's cold and there's nothing to do, we can search #LoveSummerArt and be taken away to warm, creative places.

Creative Blessings!




1 comment:

  1. Kelly, it was fun to watch a lot of the you tubes this week-end. Thanks for telling me about the #lovesummerart event!

    ReplyDelete