Monday, March 28, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Tim Holtz Tag Revisited

Normally, I would be doing these tags on Friday Freebie. However, beginning this Friday - and for the next 6 Fridays, I will be showing you the Journaling By 5s - another Shannon Green find.

I have also decided to move the Revisit Tag to Thursdays since they are all about technique. I'll be changing my side-bar roster so you can keep up with my 'oh shiny things' moments LOL

My EnMasse Journal is ready to start playing in as well. I'm going to show you the finished album on Thursday, then the flip-throughs will show up periodically on Fridays beginning in May. 

In the mean time - let's take a look at my Revisit this week.


This was Tim's tag #3 for 12 Tags of Christmas 2007.  I just do not have Tim's knack but I did like this tag approach.

The idea was to stamp your image in versa mark then sprinkle embossing powders over the different areas, red where you needed red/ white where you wanted white, ect.  Then when you heat embossed the powders into place, you had a beautifully embossed image.

Well, I had a drawback. I did not have a solid image such as he used. But I still did a variation I thought turned out okay.

My tools:

Stamp Set: SU - Festive Fireplace (this set also has a coordinating set of dies)
Watercolor brushes: Elmers
Ink Spots: SU
Markers: LePlume
Embossing powders (not shown):
     Stampendous: Midnight Black/ Blue Tinsel/ Gold detail
     Halloween custom blend
Chipboard frame mat & numerals
Embossed metal tape
Holiday Buttons
Label; MAMBI

This is what I came up with:


The embossing basically created a 'well' outline for me to watercolor within. While not like Tim's, the multi-color embossing technique is there and I got to ink up a never-used stamp set.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly



4 comments:

  1. Love your tag, that technique is so cool. I need to try it! I've just signed up to follow your blog (eventually found the Google connect button) so I can keep up with your creativity on a regular basis! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cara! Glad you stopped by and are following me. Creative Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great technique and you've really made it your own - your tag is lovely. Thanks so much for visiting my blog earlier,
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana.
      I'm just more ocd than Tim is when it comes to my art. But I'm trying LOL

      Delete