Monday, February 20, 2017

COLOR CHALLENGE #2

Happy Monday, everyone!
Welcome to KellysColorChallenge #2

You'll notice I've added something new this week. Beginning this week you can upload a thumbnail of your card and that becomes part of your link. I've seen this particular 'Mister Linky' used on Tim Holt's site and a couple of others. Since our focus is the card or project, I thought this would be more enticing to click around to everyone. Please email me if you have issues and I'll do my best to fix.

So here we go....

This month's color combo is:


Whether you've been experiencing snow on the East Coast or the Spring-like weather I'm having now (Feb. 11 and we hit 80*!) I thought the softer colors would inspire you wherever you are and whatever your weather.


I apologize for my card being late. This stupid headcold that went into a sinus infection just kept me off balance the past two days. I promise to have March card up in time. 

And here's my card: 

The closest colors I could come up with in SU were:
Pink Pirouette, Old Olive, Marina Mist and Soft Sky

I showcased three of the new stamp sets from Stampin' UP!:
Delicate Details - FREE in Sale A Bration 
Make A Medallion - FREE in Sale A Bration - available for purchase Wednesday Feb. 22nd
Suite Sentiments

Marina Mist card base
Whisper White base to stamp three of the lace stamps from Delicate Details in a repeating pattern using Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Pink Pirouette.

To do the Medallion, I stamped just the outside border of the stamp set, then cut it out using the #2 (from the outside) of Stitched Framelits then again with the #2 to remove the center, creating a wreath. I used the #2 cut out to stamp FRIEND from Make A Medallion in Memento Black followed by the touch of Old Olive above and below the word.

Using a glue dot, I adhered the sentiment circle directly to the card mat. Then I used dimensional strips cut into small sections (about 1.5" lengths) to raise up the outer Medallion. 

On the inside I stamped, 'Hoping Your Day Is Perfect' from Suite Sentiments in Marina Mist.


RULES:
There aren't any rules. You may use any company product you like. My only request is if you use a stamp or something special, link to the company so we may add to our stash, too :-D

When linking up anywhere else, use KEYWORD: KellysColorChallenge2 and please link back to this page.Thanks~

Creative Blessings!









1 comment: