Monday, April 24, 2017

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY RETURNS! - Playing with Scraps


The above picture is a shot of what's left from all the cardmaking I've been doing the past couple of weeks. I don't throw anything away if I can get at least one more use out of it.

I saw the negative space in the punch remains and thought how great they'd look scattered around an art journal layout as stencils.

So here's what I came up with this week:



You'll see hints of color coming through the Sunflower Yellow base. That is where I test-sprayed the Light Blue.

Here's the layout:


I took another picture after I sprayed the Light Blue but the picture wasn't on my memory card. (the camera has been doing that a lot lately)

Far from finished. I want to work with the Pitt Pens or something a bit, but I have a base to work from. So next week I'll show progress, including having the negatives removed and a bit of pen work.

What do you think?  Do you use other things for stencils? Please leave a link in the comments so I can see what you're working on.

Creative Blessings!
Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see how this develops, I looked at your pile and thought stencils! Glad to know it's not just me that hoards bits. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Kelly. Can't wait to see it as it progresses along.

    ReplyDelete