Tuesday, October 10, 2017

13 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN - Day 10




One thing you'll notice is I keep my cards simple. I want anyone to look at my card and say "I can do that... but here's how I want to make it my own.'


I made that Recollections moon-glow cardstock as the focal this time. The three small images are from the Michael's tower baskets eons ago.. back when they were $1 baskets. These came shrink-wrapped in sets of 2. 

The bats are from last year's SU Spooky Fun stamp set, as is the greeting.

For the greeting mat, I used the retired Curly Label punch from SU. I punched one each in the black and in the moon glow. the black one, I cut in half then clipped each one off again in the curve then off-set them on either end of the sentiment mat. The entire mat is set on pop dots. 

As I look at this I see my squares a bit wonky. I've been using more glue and less tape runner. I don't know about you, but it seems the tape runner doesn't have the same longevity it used to. I can put adhesive on something today and within a couple of days, pieces are falling off. My office is climate controlled so I know that humidity isn't a factor. One of my favorite liquid glues to use, aside from the Mono-adhesive from Stampin' UP! is the craft glue from $ Tree. They come in 1.5 oz bottles, I believe, with a blue cap. They squeeze out in a fine line.. or if you do like I did and manage to break the tip off, you can just squeeze it out the hole and smear it... or apply with a brush for good coverage. 

What's your favorite adhesive to use? 
Creative Blessings!
Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment