Wednesday, November 1, 2017

WOYWW #439 - Halloween Hat Door Decor

Here's my desk as I left it last night:


I finally got all of my often-used supplies lined up along the back of the work table again. Nice to have stuff in reach rather than on the floor. My trimmer, day planner and my October Daily album are most current. I am going to change the date on the October Daily to a 2018 so maybe I'll be ahead of the game next year instead of so out of sorts.

On Day 1 of the 13 Days of Halloween I showed you the beginnings of a project. You can see that first post HERE.

Yesterday, on Halloween, I was finally able to finish the door hanger... though I hung it to the side of the front door.

The hang up, well part of it, was that I needed to get more flowers from $ Tree. I failed to realize how many flowers I needed to fill the hat, and I wanted sphagnum moss to help cover the floral foam.

Here's what my table looked like when I began:


There are 21 purple roses, seven spiders, two purple picks and five black picks. Considering I only started with eight roses, you can understand why I underestimated how many I needed. 

This is how the arrangement looks hanging next to our front door.


I 'think' I picked up the sign at $Tree as well. The hat and the sphagnum were both purchased at $Tree.

I'm really happy with how this turned out. Next week I'll show you the Fall hanger I've put up in it's place. 

That's it for my desk this week. Who's Miss Julia and why am I here?  When you are done visiting me in the Ozarks, please hop on over to Stamping Ground  for all the details. Miss Julia has a long list of other studios you can peek into. No standing on an up-turned milk pail to look in the window. We open the doors wide and welcome you.  Please leave your number and you'll be among the first on my list. 

Creative Blessings!
~Kelly

13 comments:

  1. I love the hat hanging you made for the door Kelly. Can't wait to see what you've made to replace it too. What a bargain if you managed to source all the ingredients at $Tree. Happy WOYWW Sarah #23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Kelly. Goodness - quite an achievement - now, what are you going to do for Christmas???
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever display work!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose #31

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, that loos fabulous, really beautiful. Well done. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that looks amazing - the purple is such a fantastic colour. Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Kelly, nice to see your desk again. I love that hanger, the colours are gorgeous!!
    Hugs LLJ 13 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Kelly, you are a clever stick, that hat hanger looks absolutely fab. I think the volume and quantity thing is something that most of us get wrong. Difference is that *some* of us would toss it aside in childish temper and not get back to it! Look forward to your fall design too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kelly, gorgeous flowers and love the colours. Have a great week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a beautiful hanger! I'm so excited to see the autumn one.
    Ellie#35

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creations! Take care Zo xx 26

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purple roses are beautiful, Kelly, and the leaves.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #5

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! The door hanger is fabulous. Love it. Elizabeth x #37

    ReplyDelete