Monday, June 18, 2018

COLOR CHALLENGE - June

So May just kind of flew by me. LOL I have things set up now so that hopefully I won't be skipping months. However, unless I start getting players, I will be changing to something else when my Mr. Linky comes due. Spread the word! Let's see what you do with these colors.


With summer officially beginning this week, I thought these colors were perfect. Though here in Missouri, we've been experiencing record high temps and triple-digit heat indexes for the past month. I'm seriously ready to sit in the creek and wait until fall arrives. 

So today's card, aside from Basic Black, here are the three colors I chose to play with:



Pacific Point, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo

I wanted to use Powder Pink in place of Flirty Flamingo but I didn't have that marker color for the flowers, as you'll see in a moment.

I've been subscribing to Cardmaking and Papercrafting, a magazine from the UK, for about three years but I'm always so busy playing with Stampin' UP! products I seldom pull those sets out to play with. My most recent issue arrived a couple of days ago. I've not even had time to catalog and put the packet on the shelf so I thought this a perfect time to play!


If you've not seen the magazine in book stores or JoAnn's, Each issue includes creative tools to get you playing right away. LOL Okay, I'm pretty sure that's what they are after anyway. They most always include a stamp set. Along with the stamps they usually include a die or embossing folder and a few papers. Sometimes you get all four!  This  month our issue included the stamp set and embossing folder below plus a few papers.


I liked that this stamp set wasn't just about birthday or thinking of you. They've included Enjoy the Ride as well as Beautiful Day.

Here's the card I came up with:


I had initially planned to square everything up. Before I could get the pieces glued down, I noticed they'd shifted a bit askew and I liked the look, so I went with it.

I did add a bit of green. The basket of flowers in Flirty Flamingo looked out of place without the leaves being colored in.
I also wanted the basket to have an aged look so I did a second generation stamp of the image. At first I masked off the basket to stamp the flowers but then noticed I was a bit off. Still getting the hang of positioning with the Stamperatus as opposed to just using a blog. In this case the Stamperatus came in hand for stamping the wheels over the bicycle frame.

I started by stamping the image using the Stampin' UP! Stamperatus and let that be my dimensions guide. 

Image mat: 4-1/2" x 3-1/2"
Melon Mambo mat - 4-3/4" x 3-3/4"
Sentiment strip - 2-1/2" x 3/4"
Pacific Point mat - 2-1/2" x 3/4"
   then I off-set them so the blue was only below to separate the white strip from the white of the 
   image mat.

There's mine, now let's see what you have.  

RULES:
There aren't any rules. You may use any company product you like. My only request is if you use a stamp or something special, link to the company so we may add to our stash, too :-D

KEYWORD: KCC6




No comments:

Post a Comment