Monday, June 17, 2019

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Art Bar Journal Prompts

Hi everyone!

Having a blast with the girls. We spent 4 days in Springfield last week. One entire day (yep- 6 hours) of touring the amazing Wonders of Wildlife Museum at Bass Pro. Some seem to think the prices are a bit high but not in the least... not for all you get to see AND DO. A lot of things are very interactive and Johnny Morris has done an amazing job of offering up a spectacular attraction. I'm considering a season pass for myself just so I can go whenever I want when I'm in Springfield. some of the exhibits in the Wildlife portion will change periodically. Then there's the whole petting the stingrays thing. I could live at that tank. LOL

Okay... Mixed Media.  A few months ago, I was invited to join a FB group called The Art Bar. Denina is very active in the group and in LEADING the group. Every time I turn around, she has another LIVE on YouTube... she just turns on the live and plays all day, interacting with folks as they come and go.

Saturday, I finally got to play. She drew 6 cards from her Art Journal card deck... something I intend to make in the future. 
We had:

Something Shiny
Repetitive Pattern
Privacy Envelope
Animal
Postage Stamp
Paint Chip

I pulled out a fresh 6x8 spiral art journal and decided to designate just for Art Bar. This way I'll have one ready to go any time I can sit and play with the group.

Here was my 2 page layout:


I started by swiping School Bus yellow paint all over the page then came back with Yellow Citron. My paints are old and clunky. They don't mix up well so after spreading them as best I could across the page, I swiped them with a baby wipe. Then I wiped the baby wipes off on other pages in the journal to start new base pages.

I pulled out those new Tim Holtz stamps from my haul to stamp the butterfly and the swirl from Urban Chic in Gorgeous Grape. I stamped between the butterflies with a stylish swirl from Mini Ornates

I tore a section of the privacy envelope off.. keeping just the part with the window. Then swiped Pumpkin Pie paint on both sides. 

The butterfly is a  napkin transfer on a paint chip that is folded so that part of it tucks into the top of the envelope. I covered the back of the paint chip with more of the same napkin.

When you flip the envelope open, you see this:


The sentiment on the envelope is from the Urban Chic collection.

live in the
moment
and make it
so beautiful
that it 
will be worth
remembering.

I have items for the new Just Do It June Junk Journal Challenge. I will post mini challenge # 1 & #2 next week... maybe even #3. As of writing this on Saturday afternoon, Julie still hadn't posted the new challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment