Thursday, September 19, 2019

THURSDAY THREADS - All About the Pink!

Good morning, crafty friends!

I'm trying to get back in routine so Thursday Threads has returned.

I can't remember if I told you my plan to make afghan's for the grandgirls' beds here.  Abby is all about pinks and Adrian is usually about black's/ reds but she went with blues for hers. I haven't even purchased her yarns yet, but pinks for Abby was an easy go.


I started with the variegated from Red Heart then chose a lighter tone to act as a bridge between the variegated and the white. I do two rows of the variegated then one row of pink, one row of white then repeat.


I'm not sure what possessed me to do a single crochet. I know Adrian's will probably be a double. The single gives the blanket a heavier weight, which they probably won't need. 

Each afghan will be a little larger than an afghan but smaller than a twin... perfect fit for their ottoman - turned - single beds from Wayfair.

I do most of my crocheting in the evenings when Bob is home since that's our tv time... if I can get the cats to lay in his lap instead of mine. That isn't always an easy feat. They are such mama's babies. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment