Tuesday, October 6, 2020

10-MINUTE TUESDAY - A 20 Minute Card!

 Good morning, crafty friends!

Yeah - for some reason this card took twenty minutes! I have no clue why. The dimensions were figured out ahead of time and everything was right there on the desk in front of me.


This card is actually a Card Chicks kit from February. I kept losing track of Barb's envelope! So glad I found it as I used the cards as birthday cards!

I started with a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" Blushing Bride cardbase

The Sahara Sand cardstock mat is 5-1/4" x 4"

I cut the first DSP paper to 2-1/4" x 3-1/4" 

The next piece of Sahara Sand is cut 3-7/8" x 2-7/8"

Layer with a piece of DSP cut to 2-3/4" x 3-3/4"

Image is trimmed to 3-1/4" x 2-1/8" The Blushing Bride mat is trimmed to be 1/8" wider all the way around. I did this by gluing the image onto the mat, then trimming to 1/8" on all four sides. You want just a shadow to let the image stand out from the card.

Watch the video to see how the pieces come together to make the card:


Remember the Designer Series Paper sale on Stampin' Up! through October 31st.
You will find me by Find My Demonstrator and putting Kelly Henkins - Birch Tree MO in the search box.  


I'll be back tomorrow with Part 2 of the Editorial Calendar video.

Creative Blessings
~ Kelly






No comments:

Post a Comment